Head Unit & Reverse Cam Wiring

P34CHY

Help please!

Currently fitting a a pioneer sph-da250dab head unit and Ndbc8 reverse camera to my 2018 startline t6 and im stuck on few things and wondered if someone on here could point me in the right direction as i no nothing about fitting head units. The head unit is connected and powers up but i seem to have a lot of unused wires!

1) I have 3 factory fitted connectors now unused ? Searching through other threads iv come to the conclusion that one is dab other is fm+am and other powers usb ??
20200329_174109.jpg

2) The loom coming out of the canbus connectors not going anywere ? think this is something to do with steering wheel controls which are not on my van ??
20200329_174130.jpg

3) Was sold this antenna adapter but doesnt seem to fit anything ? is this supposed to connect to vans existing aerials as connections are different ?
20200329_174133.jpg
4 ) were do i connect the red and black wires for the reverse camera ?
20200329_174225.jpg

5 ) The handbrake cable on the back on the head unit were would i connect this to bypass the unit ?

any help would be apreciated!

Thanks

Hi

Spoken on the email a few minutes ago

The beige one is the usb, cannot be used, but our usb retention kit comes with instructions on how to install it

The black is for dab, our adapter plugs into that one, so no need for a glass aerial

The twin white one is fm, your supplied on will fit, maybe a bit tight, but looking at the photo you have pulled the socket part of it out of the back of the old radio, so that parts needs pulling out and putting back on the old unit. Easy done

The lead coming out of that black connects2 box, just remove it, not needed if you have no audio controls on the wheel

Connect the cameras red and black wires on to the red and black of the Sony

Many ground the heandbrake cable down

Jason

To ground the handbrake cable do i cut the black wire on the main power loom and join it to here ? I've seen someone do this on a video but just want to make sure before i cut into looms.

Can i get a dab adapater and Usb retention kit will i need anything else ?

I would like to keep to parking sensor visual if possible and as this was all brought from car audio centre there kit says you will lose the visual so is there a way i can retain this feature ?

Sorry if im being a bit thick but just wat to clarify what you mean by connecting the red and black camera wires to the back of the sony ? do you mean cut and join to the red and black wires on the main power loom ? do i not use the purpe reverse cam input wire on the back of the unit ?

Thanks for your help

Yes connect the cameras cable to the Sony’s black and red wire, by splicing and soldering preferably

The purple wire should connect to the purple wire of the CanBus box.

You would need to use a Connects2 infoadapter to retain the parking sensors, not a item we use as we only use genuine, and radios like the 8019 which has the dedicated input...

You should have waited I could have sorted you 8019 unit out this week ... lol

Yes you can join the handbrake wire on to the black wire

Don’t forget to remove that white part of the fm aerial

Drop me a pm and we can sort the 2 parts you need

its a pionner unit not sony, is it not a very good unit then ?

I originally brought the kenwood 8019 but told by the supplier would have to wait 3 months as kenwood closed there warehouse due to coronavirus, they advised to buy this unit (pioneer sph-da250dab) as they said had just been released march 2020 and was a better unit ? can i not get a genuine harness for this unit ?

They will say that as they want to sell, in no way is it a better unit.

We have them coming in Wednesday so not quite sure why they are saying that

No the 250 does not have a direct port on the back like the Kenwood to use the genuine interface

Hi Absolut5,

I have been given a Pioneer SPH-DA250dab head unit and believe I need the kit below to ensure everything on my 2016 T6 works as it should. I.e steering controls, optical parking sensors, reverse camera etc. I currently have the 5K7035200E media head unit which, for some reason doesn’t show the factory fitted reverse camera.

Do you know if this is the correct kit?

Otherwise, if I were to purchase the Kenwood 8019, am I correct in thinking I wouldn’t need a fitting kit like this?

Cheers

Hi

yes that kit will do the job, you also need a dab aerial adapter and dash usb retention kit

however the 8019 is a far better headunit, again you will need a fitting kit. but it’s a much better quality kit with the genuine Kenwood - Vw parking interface , easier to install etc
with a better quality facia. Fm aerial adapter, dab aerial adapter, dash usb retention kit, £255.99 delivered ,

the kit plus dab adapter and usb retention kit from dynamic sounds will be around £285.00

hope that helps
jason

Hi

yes that kit will do the job, you also need a dab aerial adapter and dash usb retention kit

however the 8019 is a far better headunit, again you will need a fitting kit. but it’s a much better quality kit with the genuine Kenwood - Vw parking interface , easier to install etc
with a better quality facia. Fm aerial adapter, dab aerial adapter, dash usb retention kit, £255.99 delivered ,

the kit plus dab adapter and usb retention kit from dynamic sounds will be around £285.00

hope that helps
jason

Thanks for the reply mate.

So just to confirm, is the kit for £255.99 for the Pioneer or for the Kenwood?

Back