HD Rear Bumper and Swing Arm

KombiKommando

Dogger
T6 Guru
I've seen this on t'interweb and I want one. I've emailed the company 'Multicamper' in Germany but haven't had a reply. I called the number and left messages but no reply.... does anyone know where this HD bumper and swing arm comes from? I've looked at campervanculture.com, gowesty, rocky mountain, Terock..... I wander if it even exists in the UK?

MUlticamper_Capricorntrucks_10-18.jpg

Looks like the oem rear bumper with a frame bolter to the tow bar mounts? I am looking on a phone though so not the best...

Ah bugger, I just read your first post and realised you had already found the same van, oops.

I don't know myself but some of the swamper guys on here might know?

From what I've read a T5 bumper will fit too so might be worth looking for a T5 one, probably more readily available?

anyone had any luck with trying to get one of the swing away arms to carry wheels or other storage

anyone had any luck with trying to get one of the swing away arms to carry wheels or other storage
Bump…. Looking also! Seems the guys at multicamper don’t want to sell their parts (can’t blame them really).
Anyone had one made here in the uk??

....even in Germany I have some issues to get a quote. As I understood the item is quite big and heavy and cannot (only with too much effort) be sent.
I offered to come by and they small install it, so far no response...

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Finally I got a quote, I was already prepared for a high price item but the quote by MultiCamper did shock me anyway. 3999€ for the item inclusive installation is really enormous. Unfortunately the trailer hitch must be literally cut off!!

The European market requires a fail safe attachment of the spare tire causing this master piece. American, Australian or solutions in other countries for trailer hitches normally don't fit.

Finally I got a quote, I was already prepared for a high price item but the quote by MultiCamper did shock me anyway. 3999€ for the item inclusive installation is really enormous. Unfortunately the trailer hitch must be literally cut off!!

The European market requires a fail safe attachment of the spare tire causing this master piece. American, Australian or solutions in other countries for trailer hitches normally don't fi4
£4k is a lot of money

Could you start with a bike carrier and fabricate a swung arm to hold the wheel?

...you could, but here is a work around....as I understood the holder for a spare tire must be fail safe - however if your spare tire is within a box the this does - to my understanding - not count, then it is regarded as luggage. (Fail safe holder not required)
There are solutions for a swung arm mounted on the hitch with a box (!!) already available www.akup.de, question does the tire fit inside???
By March they (akup) would like to come up with something for a spare tire with swung arm (fail safe) for a VW etc....write them and make sure they see a market pull...

Back