Hawco Inverness, Avoid At All Costs

Gillon Johnstone

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I had a terrible experience when I took my 2016 T32 LWB shuttle in for a service and its dreaded first MOT, It was that bad I was actually seriously considering buying a new vehicle and had gone through all the options etc with their sales rep pricing out a vehicle at £46,000.
Issues I had
1) Trade in, I was offered 1,5000 less than any other place I have received a part exchange offer.
2) I was told that White VW shuttles are not good enough to be on their forecourt and only fit for auctions which made me feel all warm and fuzzy since we had paid £20,000 in July for this vehicle
3) We can feel the metal bar through our seat cushion at 3 yrs old and 45,000 miles, I was told thats what happens when you buy a shuttle with standard seats
4) The metal stop is broken on the door our baby car seat side. I said it was warranty work, the mechanic who looked at the car agreed but was then over ruled by the service manager who did not even look at the car. Also has to be noted I never noticed this had not been fixed despite listing it as a job to be done and the afore mentioned only happened after I returned to the dealer where I was told they had not actually looked at that in the first place instead replacing a plastic cover on the hinge. The broken metal stop and the seat belts where not picked up on the VW health check either
5) Both mid row seat belts where left hanging down depsite being reported as warranty issues.
6) I was told and using the exact words (Any warranty issues you have you should take up with Arnold Clark since they are the people who sold you the vehicle and the manufacturers warranty really was not a contract with VW)

Contact VW commercial vehicles head office and report it. Especially if you have evidence of having asked for a repair to have been done prior to collection, only to subsequently find it hasn’t been.
Sounds like terrible service.

Worth a call to Commercial Customer Services, I had an issue with Lookers, Teesside as they didn't provide me with all four keys for mine, was fobbed off when I collected it and told they would get me replacement keys, 2 weeks later they tried to wriggle out of it saying the vehicle had not been advertised with 4 keys. Called CS and guy I spoke to was pretty helpful - he spoke to the sales manager at the dealership whilst I was on the call, I was then put through to the dealership and they confirmed it would be sorted. An hour later I get an email saying they had managed to locate the 2 missing keys and they arrived next day recorded delivery. Having said that I'm now having an issue getting them to activate the service plan that came as part of the deal, will never consider buying from the Lookers group ever again. Particularly in big dealership groups its all about maximum reward for minimum effort and cost.

You've got to be firm with them. Tell them you will raise a complaint if they dont give you satisfaction. Maybe show them some pictures from Team white threaf to show them how good white vans can look. Don't let them fob you off.

OK, so just thought I would let people know that I had a pretty good experience with the Hawco VW van centre in Inverness. No really :)
Bought a 2016 T6 LWB 4Motion and the sales process was pretty quick with not much hassle.
I found a few problems, rusty brakes and leaking windows but they subsequently replaced both the brakes and the windows without issue. Took a while to get all this done but was patient and didn’t get upset when the windows were the wrong ones delivered and I had a wasted trip in to town. In fact the Hawco body shop were very good, in particular the lady in the front office who could not have been more helpful and kept me up to date at all times.
In fact she even delivered the van out to me because the job had been delayed.
So all in all a pretty good experience of buying a used van and after sales support.
You have to go in with yours eyes open though, there are no friends in the used sales business

I have to say Hawcos have been fantastic with me . I had more than my share of problems with my van bought new , to the point of no longer wanting it , but they listened , offered solutions ( unlike VWCC ) and now sorted .
Highly recommended .

OK, so just thought I would let people know that I had a pretty good experience with the Hawco VW van centre in Inverness. No really :)
Bought a 2016 T6 LWB 4Motion and the sales process was pretty quick with not much hassle.
I found a few problems, rusty brakes and leaking windows but they subsequently replaced both the brakes and the windows without issue. Took a while to get all this done but was patient and didn’t get upset when the windows were the wrong ones delivered and I had a wasted trip in to town. In fact the Hawco body shop were very good, in particular the lady in the front office who could not have been more helpful and kept me up to date at all times.
In fact she even delivered the van out to me because the job had been delayed.
So all in all a pretty good experience of buying a used van and after sales support.
You have to go in with yours eyes open though, there are no friends in the used sales business

that will be Marie, she is absolutely first class and just a nice cheery person.

Yes, thanks again Marie. Great job much appreciated.
I used to use Hawco VW cars in Inverness but sadly they were not a patch on Marie, in fact it was a generally awful experience. So much so that we now take our Passat estate to Hawco VW Elgin where they are also very helpful.
Same business group totally different attitude.

I bought my T6 through Hawco and it was a great experience with a very helpful and knowledgeable salesman. Have had it serviced there and got a couple of warranty things fixed - couldn’t have been more helpful or efficient. We have also had my wife’s Touareg serviced at Hawco VW a couple of times and again they could not have been more helpful. Also had good experience of Hawco Audi.

You said you bought your T6 from Arnold Clark so there’s your problem. They are truly shit

Back