Has anyone fitted an IceQ 40 3 Way Fridge

Coly

I am considering buying and fitting the above fridge.
Unfortunately I can not find any fitting instructions.
A video on line appears to show it having no external vent system to seal off the gas/ combustion.
Is this correct as all the caravans we have had have two external vents.
Any help would be appreciated.

not got one myself, but this may help?

PRODUCT OVERVIEW
The iceQ 40 Litre 3 Way Absorption Caravan and Motorhome Fridge is 100% silent running and is perfect for integrating into caravans, motorhomes and even hotel rooms. This 3 way fridge can be powered by either mains electricity, a 12V connection or gas (LPG) offering you complete flexibility when integrating the fridge for your requirements. The 40 litre capacity of this fridge provides plenty of room for chilling both food and drinks. Features include an manual thermostat, removable shelf and easy to operate control panel.
PRODUCT VIDEOS:
  • DC Operation:
  • AC Operation:
  • Gas Operation Part 1:
  • Gas Operation Part 2:

PLEASE NOTE:
  • This fridge takes 1.5 hours to cool on each setting. Please allow enough time for the fridge to cool.
  • Ensure to fully read the operation manual before using this appliance.
  • This fridge can also be integrated, full details are supplied in the product manual.
  • This fridge is NOT suitable for use on boats.

and:

Thanks Dellmassive. The videos doesn't really cover the exhaust gases. The implication is they are discharged into the campervan.

all 3way fridges need to be run out side,

or if in a van need to have a fresh air inlet vents and an exhaust vents. (for when running on gas)

in some caravans the exhaust side is a sealed box section the vents to atmosphere . . .

i found this . . . .

but you will need expert advice.

1594566304385.png

1594566372305.png

1594566409990.png

1594566440994.png

I think 3 way fridges are fairly uncommon in T6 size camper vans, they’re much more popular in motorhomes I think. Most T6 based campers will use a 12v compressor fridge.

Thanks for the info Dellmassive. I cannot believe the number of times I visited the mini fridge web site looking for this information. Well Done.
t0mb0 I agree with you I am still in two minds as to whether I go 3 way or 2 way. There are pros and cons to both. 2 way with large 200 to 300 watt solar panel looks good and prices start at £170.

Thanks for the info Dellmassive. I cannot believe the number of times I visited the mini fridge web site looking for this information. Well Done.
t0mb0 I agree with you I am still in two minds as to whether I go 3 way or 2 way. There are pros and cons to both. 2 way with large 200 to 300 watt solar panel looks good and prices start at £170.

I really would recommend a 12v compressor fridge, although it’s likely more than £170. There’s a reason virtually all campervans use them, they’re way more efficient than alternatives and therefore go very well with solar panels.

Back