Hannover factory tour

carlg

204 DSG Highline Kombi MY23
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I did the factory tour today .it was really good far better than I had imagined.only down side ,we weren't allowed to take photos .Only managed a few sneaky ones .even my misses enjoyed it .
We got driven round in an open top T4
There are two production lines ,one makes basic vans only ,the other makes California,caravelle,shuttles,kombi and any thing that is not standard.
Left and right hand are both made at the same time on the same line ,the logistics must be a night mare to have all the left-hand and right hand parts in order ready to go on .
I will write a bit more when I get back .

IMAG2072.jpg IMAG2067.jpg IMAG2066.jpg

Did you get a chance to destroy any t6 sportline splitters so others can live a better looking life?

I really want to take the tour.

Did you get a chance to destroy any t6 sportline splitters so others can live a better looking life?

I really want to take the tour.
I would recommend it it was really fascinating to see how it all worked and to see the function of robots on the production line .

Looking forward to your write up! Really want to do this! As an obsessed VW fanatic of, well nearly all of my life, I went on a Wolfsburg tour for my 30th birthday (7 years ago! Eekk! Getting older!) and loved it there with the Autostadt and museum, it really is VW town! Doing Hannover next year.

Did you spot your van being build @carlg ?
No ,only saw 3 Mojave beige vans on the production line .not sure if it's built yet ,the guide at the factory said he could check and find out where it was .He took my no and said he would text me ,but not heard anything yet ,my dealer emailed me on Friday to see if I had an up date for him ,as the system had not shown any changes.Waiting for an update now .

Thats good the dealer calls you for a update! not many can say that mate :thumbsup:

I will put some photos in the media section ,they aren't very good as they were taken sneaky ,but I will try explain what they are .

If anyone is there in 2 weeks time, look out for mine being built...

Back