H7 headlights

jaybee

Hi guys new member here I know theres plenty about this on the forums but I'm swapping out my H4s for H7s and I just wanted to ask people here who have more experience than me what is the best bulb setup

Hi Jaybee,
It's all about preference. And if you have got a few weeks you should look through the H4 To H7 Upgrade thread, it has loads of info in it.
I recently done the H4 to H7 change and have fitted the following bulbs.
H7 Philips RacingVision GT200 12V 55W Halogen Bulbs (Pair) H7 lights will need 2 pairs of these bulbs.
582 7440 Twenty20 Elegance Canbus LED's 12V W21W LED DRL's. The Twenty20 Led DRL bulbs will need the following Canbus kit to stop a Bulb warning on your dash.
VW T6 Transporter LED Fog Light Upgrade | eBay
You might be able to source a similar product cheaper elsewhere.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B08LQY6Q9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 Whiter looking side light bulbs, the originals look pale Yellow and spoil the look of the Whiter bulbs.

It’s all in the H4 to H7 Upgrade thread. No need to read all of it, just work backwards from the newest.

As mentioned above, it’s all about personal preference for the bulbs. Longevity vs cost vs brightness vs colour vs legality. You will get every answer! Up to you really.

Many of us have had success with the Twenty20 LED DRLs linked by hoggle. I did not need the Canbus kit though (nor did many others).

The H7s are a worthwhile upgrade though, even with bog standard bulbs.

Reactions: CAB
Sorry to be a pain again guys but my h4 has a p21 drl bulb in the h7 the drl now becomes the main beam do I have to change the connector I thought it was just plug and play but their two different bulbs

Sorry to be a pain again guys but my h4 has a p21 drl bulb in the h7 the drl now becomes the main beam do I have to change the connector I thought it was just plug and play but their two different bulbs
H7's are plug and play. They have seperate DRL's just like H4. Only thing you might want to do after fitting is change the coding so the dipped beam stays on when you turn on high beam.

Have a look at @Loz post here

yes I get that but the connector is for a p21 bulb whereas a h7 connector is needed
The actual bulb connectors are an integral part of the headlight unit. The headlight units themselves both have the same wiring configuration and plug on both H4 and H7 variants

You just disconnect this from the back of your H4's and plug it into your new H7's

IMG_7711-min.jpg

thats great Deaky much appreciated its so helpful having you experienced guys about to help us dumb newbies lol

Back