H7 Drl Bulb Upgrade

Hinsley

T6 Pro
I’d like to upgrade my H7 DRL bulbs as they seem a bit yellow and would rather a whiter light.

I’ve found the bulb type (W21W) on this forum but when Googling a suitable replacement I keep finding LED bulbs which state they are not road legal.

Obviously I want legal lights so would be happy with a whiter “normal” bulb and have found these: W21W 7440 582 Sidelight Bulbs | DRL Xenon Effect Super White Bulbs

Does anyone know if there are suitable bulbs for this upgrade of if these bulbs would be suitable? Don’t want to risk burning the holder or scorching the lens but would like something better.

Hi

I upgraded the DRL bulbs in my H7's and I fitted the Lumro DRL super white bulbs and I am very happy with them, they are bright and white ( not yellow like some others).

I’ve ordered the DRL bulbs and have already done dipped. I’m happy (at the moment) with the full beam.

Haven’t looked at side lights yet....

If you have H7 then yes, 2 bulbs for each side:thumbsup:
Thanks Andy.
I have the H7 headlights and have changed the bulbs (except main beam) with the bulbs you recommended. I have noticed that the bulb out warning light is showing on the dash. Which bulbs do you think has caused this as all lights are working correctly

If all the lights are working (DRL, side, indicators, dipped and main) then it is unlikely to be a bulb unless its not quite seated correctly. Not sure if Ring bulbs would generate Canbus errors?

I just checked the Phillips H7 bulb specification; Phillips state the bulb life is UP TO 450 hours, a typical 2 hour winter time commute twice a day would only give approx 3 months between bulb changes.
Given that changing bulbs on a T6 is a massive pain in the arse is it worth it?

Thanks Andy.
I have the H7 headlights and have changed the bulbs (except main beam) with the bulbs you recommended. I have noticed that the bulb out warning light is showing on the dash. Which bulbs do you think has caused this as all lights are working correctly
very strange, i don't get any error from my Ring bulbs ? I don't see why they would throw up an error though as they are just standard bulbs, not LED . Its normally LED that can cause errors.

I just checked the Phillips H7 bulb specification; Phillips state the bulb life is UP TO 450 hours, a typical 2 hour winter time commute twice a day would only give approx 3 months between bulb changes.
Given that changing bulbs on a T6 is a massive pain in the arse is it worth it?

I was surprised at the quoted life of these bulbs and I went with the 130% Phillips that were 450 hrs. Other 130% Phillips were a lot less as were the Phillips 150%!.

Not sure what the standard life of the dim OEM bulbs is but I'd rather be able to see and change the bulbs more frequently.

I'm wondering whether to change the bulbs in may incoming H7 units before fitting them.

I might see how it goes with the factory bulbs, I didn't think the H4 bulbs were *that* hard to change so hopefully the H7 will be similar.

If you could only change on set would it be the dip or main beam?

They were easy enough to change (took about 10 mins). Obviously, it would be easier to replace them before fitting but if you want to test then fit the units and replace the bulbs,

I would change dipped as both bulbs are used on full beam. The 2 bulbs you replace can become spares or you could look at doing a mix of bulbs in dipped/full beam, 130% on the dipped (to get a better life) and 150% on the full beam to get a brighter flood?

Back