Found H4 Headlight

Jobl.Man

Looking for recommendation for garage in the Stirling area (Central Scotland) to replace the driver’s (offside) headlight of my T6.1 campervan.
Collided with a pheasant and the cover now has a circular crack about the size of a football - see photo.IMG_20231030_065752857.jpg
Also, not sure if possible to replace just the headlight cover.

• Wow
Reactions: CAB
There’s guides for DIY on here and a there are a number of free H4 lights in the for sale section.

They are T6 H4 headlights and can be picked up for next to nothing. Easy enough to change, it's bumper off but simply DIY job

Looking for recommendation for garage in the Stirling area (Central Scotland) to replace the driver’s (offside) headlight of my T6.1 campervan.
Collided with a pheasant and the cover now has a circular crack about the size of a football - see photo.View attachment 219514
Unless you’ve already bought the replacement H4 unit, I have a set sitting in a box ready to go. £10 postage will cover it.

As stated, it’s an easy DIY with a Torx set - you’d likely be able to loosen the front bumper as opposed to removing it totally.

They’re glued in, it’ll take ages to remove.

Just noticed the title says T6.1 but the photo looks like a T6.
I’d agree.

Just noticed the title says T6.1 but the photo looks like a T6.
Hi. Yes, you're quite correct. My mistake. It's a T6. Thanks for spotting.

Unless you’ve already bought the replacement H4 unit, I have a set sitting in a box ready to go. £10 postage will cover it.

As stated, it’s an easy DIY with a Torx set - you’d likely be able to loosen the front bumper as opposed to removing it totally.

They’re glued in, it’ll take ages to remove.

I’d agree.
Thanks for the offer. Apologies, made a mistake with original post. Should be a T6. Is that the same as the set you have spare?

Thanks for the offer. Apologies, made a mistake with original post. Should be a T6. Is that the same as the set you have spare?
It is. They’re boxed, and I have no photos. But they’re damage free.
IMG_4902.jpeg

I removed them when having OEM LEDs retrofitted.

Perfect opportunity to upgrade to some aftermarket lights? The H4s are comparatively poor out of the factory, so if your going to the trouble of dropping the front bumper, you could change them both to something a bit more illuminating?

Perfect opportunity to upgrade to some aftermarket lights? The H4s are comparatively poor out of the factory, so if your going to the trouble of dropping the front bumper, you could change them both to something a bit more illuminating?
I was going to recommend this (probably more worth it given the OP lives ‘north of the wall’ so it’s getting dark now, I bet) but thought he probably just wants his van back on the road ASAP.

If a set of H7’s are available, then @Jobl.Man I’d say buy and fit them instead.

Back