Gtechniq Crystal Serum and Exo

andythom188

Electrician
T6 Legend
has any body had this Gtechniq Crystal Serum and Exo applied to there van looking into getting some paint protection done but not 100% sure if its worth doing

I'm very interested too , it's amazing from what I've heard ....repels bird shit etc. I had a quote for brand new van for around £700 which sounds harsh

Yes i had mine done, is worth it? time will tell but so far so good. Really easy to keep clean water runs off it like a ducks back.

Just had a quote of Tom from Ultimate auto car detailing from Worcester here are the prices For any one that is interested ,he is on Facebook aswel to see his work

The price is quoted on my blackberry kombi swb

Hi Andy,
Ok so protection wise, on a daily basis I apply Gtechniq coatings. These are ceramic based and offer the best in terms of durability, protection against swirls and ease of cleaning.
Couple of options in terms if the coatings themselves.
Gtechniq C1 crystal lacquer topped with Gtechniq exo would last around two years providing its maintained correctly. Price wise £495
The other option is Gtechniq crystal serum light topped with exo. Durability is better on this option at around 3-5 years. Price wise £595
As you can imagine due to the size the application process takes some time. I would need the vehicle for 3 days.
Failing the above an alternative I could offer is Gyeon can coat. The application of this is a lot quicker than the above. However durability would be about one year. Price wise £250.
All of the above prices include the wheels also being removed and coated.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hope that helps.

Thanks Tom

That's definitely worth considering, going to look at prices nearer my way but it gives me a good idea of coatings and costs.:thumbsup:

That's definitely worth considering, going to look at prices nearer my way but it gives me a good idea of coatings and costs.:thumbsup:
Just thought I would share it on here think Worcester is about 64 mile from me drove threw it on the way to the m5 when we went to st Ives in july

Initially when I was told the price I thought whaaaaattt!!! But now I'm really coming around to the idea. 3 days without the van is a toughie tho :mad:

Only problem got now is I want to fit a pop top but not till next year so I either wait till I do the roof then get it protected which makes sense but would like it done before the winter .
don't think my bank balance will stretch to a new roof at the moment :(

Initially when I was told the price I thought whaaaaattt!!! But now I'm really coming around to the idea. 3 days without the van is a toughie tho :mad:
I can cope without the van for 3days as try not use it for work , as the Mrs says another toy sat on the drive :)

Interesting @andythom188, i only live 20 mins from them and i was going to call to them about doing mine, i may see if i can call over and see there set up, are report back if i do.

Mine has been done, it takes about 1.5 hrs now rather than 9hrs to clean.
Bi
Interesting @andythom188, i only live 20 mins from them and i was going to call to them about doing mine, i may see if i can call over and see there set up, are report back if i do.
that would be good m8 looks like he does a lot of top end performance vehicles from his pics on Facebook.
Havnt found any one local to me that looks any good so might be worth me travelling to get it done, just the hassle of getting back and picking it up, not unless I fit a towbar to the van and use me AFrame to take a car down with me, now that is a good idea ha

Had a quick messages with Tom from ultimate auto about doing the prep and paint protection on my combi. he said no problems, he said he can go to my dealer to do the first prep when it arrives and then his place for paint treatment . I think i will get them to leave the combi as it arrives and take it straight to his place for the work. i will arrange it if /when it gets build.

I clay mine then use Dodo Supernatural Hybrid polish/sealant.
I'm sure it's not as good but it still repels dirt, beads like crazy and costs about £40 all in (plus an aching polishing arm).

Kept my old van in really good nick too; apart from bonnet stone chips (which no paint prep will help unless it's a film), it was gleaming at three years old.

Just had a quote of Tom from Ultimate auto car detailing from Worcester here are the prices For any one that is interested ,he is on Facebook aswel to see his work

The price is quoted on my blackberry kombi swb

Hi Andy,
Ok so protection wise, on a daily basis I apply Gtechniq coatings. These are ceramic based and offer the best in terms of durability, protection against swirls and ease of cleaning.
Couple of options in terms if the coatings themselves.
Gtechniq C1 crystal lacquer topped with Gtechniq exo would last around two years providing its maintained correctly. Price wise £495
The other option is Gtechniq crystal serum light topped with exo. Durability is better on this option at around 3-5 years. Price wise £595
As you can imagine due to the size the application process takes some time. I would need the vehicle for 3 days.
Failing the above an alternative I could offer is Gyeon can coat. The application of this is a lot quicker than the above. However durability would be about one year. Price wise £250.
All of the above prices include the wheels also being removed and coated.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask. Hope that helps.

Thanks Tom

this is the lad that did my van, he did a great job and since its been done about a month ago and 5000miles still looks fresh and very easy to clean.

Just an update to this thread after a bit of research and talking to a few folk . I have decided.

Spoken to tom at ulitmate auto a couple of times now, and have arrange for him to have my combi from the dealers when it arrives, he is been very helpful and good advise given. I am having the full body done with Gtechniq crystal serum light topped with exo and any paint correction done when he is prepping the body before applying. I am not having the wheels done as they will be coming off.

I'm going to get Tom to do mine aswel but had this silly idea of fitting a pop top to the kombi so I'm trying to resist in getting it done till I get the roof fitted as it won't be protected

Back