Got my new van today:

Alan Ginger

Psychiatric Nurse (retired)
T6 Guru
Got my pop top van delivered today from Clayton Campervans near Milton Keynes - I am in Team Starlight Blue and there are pictures there. Just want to say great service from them. And now off to new horizons - well maybe not - can’t wait - is it an essential journey to go out in your van for a run on the day it was delivered? Answers on a postcard please.

Got my pop top van delivered today from Clayton Campervans near Milton Keynes - I am in Team Starlight Blue and there are pictures there. Just want to say great service from them. And now off to new horizons - well maybe not - can’t wait - is it an essential journey to go out in your van for a run on the day it was delivered? Answers on a postcard please.
Pics or it didn’t happen! Congratulations

I had that same post on my last drive and my daughter drove straight through it without noticing and snapped it. She thought the handbrake on her A1 was just sticking a bit.

I had that same post on my last drive and my daughter drove straight through it without noticing and snapped it. She thought the handbrake on her A1 was just sticking a bit.
Oh dear, surely she left some of a bumper behind too?

Oh dear, surely she left some of a bumper behind too?
Nope, her car was parked right up to it and it just snapped. There was a dent and a scrape in her bumper but it did more damage to the drive than the front of her car.

@andys are the security posts that easy to snap out or did it also cause a right racket too?

Looking good @Alan Ginger but where do you live to have barricade the van into your drive? :oops::sneaky:
I live in Bedford: I put the post in because I had a discussion with the insurance company ( caravan and motorhome club) about where I am going to store/park it: the van is now our only vehicle - also got a wheel clamp - I also put on an Vodafone S5 connect and protect Tracker - so should be safe now.

I heard the crack in the house and went out and she‘d already driven off claiming not to have seen or heard it. It snapped just above the pivot pin with a jagged rip and cracked two of the bricks.

To be fair, she once drove home with a completely flat rear tyre on the rim and didn’t feel any different. Thankfully she’s a bit better now, even more thankfully she doesn’t live with me.

I watched a neighbour fit one he made such a good sticking with it drilling into his drive I waited eagerly for home to finish before commending him for not breaking his block paving and then reminded him that they are only bedded on sand, whilst wobbling it

Back