glow plug warning light and stop start errors [Resolved]

I've got this same error at moment, only happens when you accelerate hard. Need to see if the garage can sort it or i do it myself.
Hi, in the end my van was taken to a main dealer in Birmingham via Leighton Vans ( who were brilliant ) and the issue was fixed. Numerous so called VW experts around Leeds attempted to fix with no success.

Hi, in the end my van was taken to a main dealer in Birmingham via Leighton Vans ( who were brilliant ) and the issue was fixed. Numerous so called VW experts around Leeds attempted to fix with no success.
Do you know what it was?

Had the flashing coil light twice now. Turn the engine off and it stops. Also had the amber exclamation mark light up over the weekend. Went out after a few minutes. What the hell does that one mean? Not much info on VW site.
Looking like a visit to a van centre is on the cards. Van is only just over 12 months old!

Had the flashing coil light twice now. Turn the engine off and it stops. Also had the amber exclamation mark light up over the weekend. Went out after a few minutes. What the hell does that one mean? Not much info on VW site.
Looking like a visit to a van centre is on the cards. Van is only just over 12 months old!
I’ve had the same problem. First the coil light would flash then followed by a loss of power. Some times it would be fine others it wouldn’t. I eventually got into my local dealership (five weeks after reporting it) after having an EGR flush it still didn’t cure the problem - they fitted a new EGR valve under warranty.

Held off booking the van in.
Gave her a good run out on a recent camping trip for a week with daily use.
Van hasn't flashed any faults since, apart from "front sensor obscured" usually clears itself!

Reactions: CAB
Getting this problem regularly, but without loss of power. Cleared by restarting, but worried it's an indicator of things to come. Got some strange electrical stuff going on - auto-locking upon driving away stuttering before activating, radio not recognising input (but other media functions work OK), phantom phone calls to myself displaying on dash, muting audio).

Getting this problem regularly, but without loss of power. Cleared by restarting, but worried it's an indicator of things to come. Got some strange electrical stuff going on - auto-locking upon driving away stuttering before activating, radio not recognising input (but other media functions work OK), phantom phone calls to myself displaying on dash, muting audio).
Hi Three Bride, did you find your fix? Would be great to hear if so!

Hi Three Bride, did you find your fix? Would be great to hear if so!
Hi @rstaunton18804 - sorry it's taken so long to get back to you - I've been absent from the forum for a little while. No resolution I'm afraid - happening daily but seems to be slightly less often now it's getting warmer. Once the engine is up to temperature it disappears if the engine has been turned off for a few minutes.

Back