Ghost Immobiliser/Deadlocks/Tracker

Many thefts now are break in and steal keys (we had big problems when I had a Golf R). They don’t care about CCTV and also will assume that your disclock keys are likely to be with your car keys. The aim is to get in and away before police can arrive - which generally ain’t hard with todays response times! Your advantage from the ghost is that it’s invisible security and would cancel out their advantage - time before discovery. They are highly unlikely to risk coming back into the house to get the code, even if they realise what it is. If you advertise it’s there then you may well find waking up to a different situation!
I now focus more on early warning systems - I have person detection on the drive which links to some automation that calls my phone after a certain time at night if someone comes onto the drive. It’s a techie solution but if you can make it reliable it means you may wake up before they have a chance to start breaking in.

Last edited:
I have a stoplock on the steering wheel and have a MetaTrak S5 Deadlock Pro. With that I can immobilise the van via the phone app so that even with the key and proximity tag it will not start. I now also have a second phone with the app on as a back up after my phone went kaput and I couldn't leave work! Had to walk to the mother-in-law's, Google the number and ring them up. Lesson learned....:thumbsup:

Back