Immobiliser/Tracker recommendations

DubVanDreamer

VIP Member
Hey all,

I am picking up my 2018 T6 T32 DSG Highline SWB on Thursday and after reading some horror stories about how easy it is for them to be stolen I am looking for recommendations on an additional security, immobiliser or tracker or both.
What have you guys fitted and recommend and what should be avoided?
In the short term I will be using a Stoplock and peddle box like the one at Transporter HQ.

All advice greatly appreciated.

We fit the meta trak S5 deadlock and S5 Pro, thatcham approved, insurance approved, tracking, immobilisation with remote immobilisation feature and can be wired into the OEM alarm system using our unique alarm input module. We are proud to say we come highly recommended both on social media and on here.

Give us a bell pal we can secure it no problem

+1 for the Meta tracker

&

+1 for the Ghost imob. . . .

more info:

We fit the meta trak S5 deadlock and S5 Pro, thatcham approved, insurance approved, tracking, immobilisation with remote immobilisation feature and can be wired into the OEM alarm system using our unique alarm input module. We are proud to say we come highly recommended both on social media and on here.

Many thanks for the response, i may well give you a shout if this is the system a go for.

+1 for the Meta tracker

&

+1 for the Ghost imob. . . .

more info:

Many thanks for the details, need to have an in-depth read

Where are you based? your web site doesn't seem to be working

Where are you based? your web site doesn't seem to be working
This is Chris's new address...
Unit 4 Cavendish Business Park, Whitting Valley Rd, Old Whittington, Old Whittington, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 9EY

...and I can recommend the whole MetaTrak S5 Pro/ @Dav-Tec combo. :thumbsup:

This is Chris's new address...
Unit 4 Cavendish Business Park, Whitting Valley Rd, Old Whittington, Old Whittington, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 9EY

...and I can recommend the whole MetaTrak S5 Pro/ @Dav-Tec combo. :thumbsup:
Many thanks for the address, might be a bit far thought, will need to Google Map it to see.

No issues with the MetaTrak S5 Pro? what made you go for that model over any others and what model van is it on if you dont mind me asking?
This is a bit of a mine field for me, not used to having to shop for additional security measures, so I want to make the correct choice.

I have ruled out Ghost 2 after reading about all the issues.

Many thanks for the address, might be a bit far thought, will need to Google Map it to see.

No issues with the MetaTrak S5 Pro? what made you go for that model over any others if you dont mind me asking?
This is a bit of a mine field for me, not used to having to shop for additional security measures, so I want to make the correct choice.

I have ruled out Ghost 2 after reading about all the issues.
I've had zero issues mate.

My insurer insisted upon a tracker and I wanted an immobiliser with remote capability - the MetaTrak gives me both. It also helped that Chris fits this kit and he comes highly recommended on the forum.

I'd be caution against ruling-out the Ghost II just because some have had a problem. It's always the case that bad news gets reported and good/no news doesn't, so the results can look very skewed. Lots of folks on here have a Ghost II and would recommend them. Chris also fits the Ghost II in addition to or instead of a MetaTrak.

I've had zero issues mate.

My insurer insisted upon a tracker and I wanted an immobiliser with remote capability - the MetaTrak gives me both. It also helped that Chris fits this kit and he comes highly recommended on the forum.

I'd be caution against ruling-out the Ghost II just because some have had a problem. It's always the case that bad news gets reported and good/no news doesn't, so the results can look very skewed. Lots of folks on here have a Ghost II and would recommend them. Chris also fits the Ghost II in addition to or instead of a MetaTrak.
Many thanks, I will bear all that in mind

Reactions: Bav
I have one in mine from a company called HH Driveright, its called a GM2020 hardwire, you can immobolise it when needed, not a bad price either, a bloke came out and fitted it for me and it only took him 35mins, had no problems with it

Does anyone have an opinion on the MI iTrack units. Camper King recommended them but would like some opinions if anyone has used them. Thanks in advance.

Back