Ghost Immobiliser/Deadlocks/Tracker

Greenbadge

Hi
I’ll shortly be picking up my 1st camper van and would like to add a Ghost immobiliser and deadlocks to the van. Is this overkill as I’ve had a Skorpion tracker fitted, does anybody have recommendations for installers of the above in the Surrey/M25 area, any advice would be most helpful to this camper newbie.
Cheers

I’d fit ghost again without a thought.
Release code is intuitive and service code a doddle.

Tracker only is far too late, it’s already in their hands. But I do have a tracker too

BTW
The downside of trackers and immobilisers is that they are hidden security, so I’ve fitted deadlocks which will at least put some off breaking in.

I had my Ghost2 removed from my BMW and refitted to my T6 , at the same time he removed and refit my Thinkware F800pro dash-cams and hard wired in the front and rear cameras. Whilst I had the auto electrician at my house I went for a Cat5 tracker.

Not overkill. Immobiliser to prevent removal (hopefully!) and tracker for recovery (or coz insurer says so!).

I agree not over kill. I have Ghost, tracker and a disc lock for viability. Just need to try and put the scum off as much as possible.

Yip not over kill. I have a wheel lock and a post on my drive and a crook lock on my steering wheel - all for show: if the scum were determined they could be removed. I also have a Vodafone S5 Protect and Connect - the insurance company wanted it: customer service from Vodafone is appalling though when the tracker immobiliser work as it should it is great. ( just sends me alerts when it is sitting on my drive on occasions) - the campervan is our pride and joy. ( I did think about hiring an SAS commando to sit in the van when we were not using it - that would be over kill )

Deffo recommend Ghost, peace of mind when you walk away that it'll be there when you come back, unless they pick it up !!!

Reactions: ZEB
I’m happy with ghost overall, but it’s not been without it’s quirks. Occasionally if I forget to put code in (doesn’t happen often now we are used to it!) it won’t disengage no matter how long I wait and put correct code in. I think (but haven’t proven) that putting code in quickly after turning on ignition, but before it shows the error (gearbox error in case of a DSG) seems to clear it. I haven’t wanted to tempt fate by trying to force the issue!

I agree, steering wheel lock and wheel lock for visible deterrent. Ghost to prevent and tracker to find if it all goes wrong!! Also insurance cheaper. Notice some members have installed a ring doorbell camera in their pride and joy!!

I had a visit from our Community Police to review our house security and what was interesting was the conversation about the T6 campervan. She said it was a desirable vehicle so why didn't I have a Krooklok on it. When I said I had 2 immobilisers and 2 trackers on it so there was no way it was going anywhere she said I'd missed the point. She said when thieves see a desirable vehicle with no obvious anti-theft protection, they will break into the house to find the keys. That's exactly what happened last month next door. Top of the range Merc SUV. They jemmied open the sash windows while our neighbours were in bed upstairs, and got the keys, but fortunately they had fitted an electric gate a little while ago and sensibly not put the remote control on the car keyring, so the thieves couldn't get the car out. So now I've bought a Stoplock! And a Blink camera....

Think most people would have crooklock key on key ring so a house break in for keys would still give thieves the vehicle.

Well in a sense it doesnt matter if you leave the Krooklok key on your keyring provided you've got a Ghost Immobiler fitted. All the Krooklok is doing is reducing the probability that they will break into your house to look for keys.

I had a can phantom immobiliser fitted to my t6. Similar to a ghost. Can vouch for it as a good product . I also have steering lock for visual too. Thinking I’m all safe.. my pride and joy.. Then someone hit me from behind and wrote me off, couldn’t write it. New van incoming next week. Can phantom removed and to be fitted on new van as soon as it arrives :)

Agree with above I've got a Ghost II fitted and despite knowing it will be there when I come back always put the bright yellow stop lock on as well ..

What's everyone's thoughts on advertising you have a Ghost (or similar) installed. Know they come with the little windows stickers but does anyone actually fit them?

What's everyone's thoughts on advertising you have a Ghost (or similar) installed. Know they come with the little windows stickers but does anyone actually fit them?
I'm not a fan, I have the tracker sticker but the thought of someone wanting to possibly break in to force the code out of me isn't great.

I'm not a fan, I have the tracker sticker but the thought of someone wanting to possibly break in to force the code out of me isn't great.
I'm not a fan either, but more on the basis that it may give the little scrotes a tactical advantage, allowing them to prepare and pre-plan how they go about stealing a van.

Didn't fit my stickers....

As above tactical advantage and gives them an indication on what to expect.

I'm happy with:

Alarm.
Ghost.
Steering wheel lock.

Back