Getting Wet!

@Davenjo when I was looking previously, following your recommendation of them I was surprised that they were sold singularly, they are a necessity I think with a Reimo or SCA roof, never had this issue with the Austops roof we had on our old van.

Mines a Reimo on a LWB so has the front spoiler where the roof meets the van. This is where most of my water runs down from.
Drove me insane until @Davenjo told me about the guttering.

Does anyone with a skyline roof suffer with this problem? I'm getting an aurora fitted in the new year, any idea if I'm likely to need these?

The aurora allows any water in the gutters to exit at the top of the windscreen, you still get rain off the edges of the roof, much like the side door.
IMG20191124152809.jpg

I’ve got one of these rain gutters above my driver’s door (Reimo rail above passenger door) but it’s come unstuck at one end. Does anyone know the best type of adhesive to use to stick it back down onto the vehicle?

My (pop top) roof collects a bit of rain water above the drivers door which then runs away down the middle of the drivers window. No real problem until you open the door to get in and out - you get wet ! No problem on the passenger side because the Reimo multi rail channels the water away and down the windscreen.

It might be an expensive fix, but can you get reimo multi rails and end caps for the drivers side?

Failing that, has anyone any bright ideas how I can fabricate something to channel the water away down the windscreen??
I have reimo rails rails on both sides..

I’ve got one of these rain gutters above my driver’s door (Reimo rail above passenger door) but it’s come unstuck at one end. Does anyone know the best type of adhesive to use to stick it back down onto the vehicle?
I have used Silkaflex expensive but works - also used VERY carefully some Superglue!!! It worked for a good 6 months!

Sikaflex is the best - expensive, but the best
Meant to say: try sourcing from your local caravan servicing outfit as they use loads...avoid buying something that’s been sat on a shelf for years

Back