Getting Wet!

Rookie

T6 Pro
My (pop top) roof collects a bit of rain water above the drivers door which then runs away down the middle of the drivers window. No real problem until you open the door to get in and out - you get wet ! No problem on the passenger side because the Reimo multi rail channels the water away and down the windscreen.

It might be an expensive fix, but can you get reimo multi rails and end caps for the drivers side?

Failing that, has anyone any bright ideas how I can fabricate something to channel the water away down the windscreen??

Yes you can get a rail for the drivers side..... I'll go out later and take a photo of what I've got on mine for you.

Can't get a good piccie bud as it's too dark. Will post one up Thurs in the daylight. Looks like mines been fitted with a rubber strip all along the top and down the windscreen side of the drivers door.

Reimo do a plastic stick on gutter for this but, seeing the volume of water coming off my roof down the driver's door last week I'm a bit sceptical as to whether it would cope?

Universal Rain Gutter

Last edited:
I've just ordered one for myself (£23.31 including the delivery) - still not sure how effective it will be when it rains like it did last week but worth a try.

I got around to fitting mine yesterday and they don't look quite as bad as I thought they would (probably helps having a grey van?). First bit of rain today and the gutter seems to be working well - it will be interesting to see if they cope with something more torrential (look like they will cope quite well) and how well the glue holds up over time.

@Pauly - is this something to add to the shop? If it helps, I have a small off-cut of the rubber I could send you to help with sourcing the right profile??

IMG_1841.jpg IMG_1840.jpg

Why doesn't anyone like the factory option wind deflectors?

Why doesn't anyone like the factory option wind deflectors?
For me it just wasn't something I'd considered at the point of ordering - as with a few other things, if I was ordering again I would probably add to the list.

Also, the wind deflectors don't help with the pop top water down the door problems.
That's what I was wondering, because they are trim taped on the outside of the door dont they end up with a small gutter between the deflector and the door frame?

That's what I was wondering, because they are trim taped on the outside of the door dont they end up with a small gutter between the deflector and the door frame?
Photos show wind defector and separate gutter, purchased separately? The wind deflectors I have (Dubflecta) sit inside the window frame and are secured with clips. The Reimo gutter I have now applied sits above the door and is secured with tape just above the door, i.e. stays on the van when you open the door - so far it seems to be working and is stopping the rain running down off of the pop top to flood the step and get the seat wet every time the door is opened in the wet.

Got ya now, was only thinking about opening the window as rain poured onto the switches last time I used it in the rain to punch in a gate code to exit a campsite

Got ya now, was only thinking about opening the window as rain poured onto the switches last time I used it in the rain to punch in a gate code to exit a campsite
So that black awning strip over the door on the Cally does not take the water away then @Loz pop tops are added so they don't have them

So that black awning strip over the door on the Cally does not take the water away then @Loz pop tops are added so they don't have them
Its the enormous side rail that hold the water and ends right above the door...

sorry to drag this up, but I'm looking at this side rail for my T6, unless anyone has any alternatives ?

A year on any feedback ?

Back