Gas Hob - Safety Installation

Whiz

Meet BANKSY - There is always "Hope"
T6 Guru
Hi, I have been told by the Fit-out Company that I MUST have an opening window above where the gas hob kitchen pod is being installed for venting purposes - no pop up roof fyi.
However, I do have a shuttle i.e.doors both sides and therefore I have an opening sliding door which will open directly behind the gas hob kitchen pod - this will do the same job as far as I am concerned!

Does anyone know if the window is a regulation or just his/Gas engineers stance on this?

Our preference is not to be forced in to a new window with an opening being installed £250! and work with the sliding door.

If anyone can help on this really would appreciate more information.

Many thanks Bluey & the Mrs!

It cannot be a legal requirement as my Westfalia does not have one above the hob and comes like that from the factory. It has front side opening windows (rear kitchen) and I would always have at least one open when cooking even with the pop top open as ventilation is important, but they must be wrong about regulation requiring one above the hob.

Hi, I have been told by the Fit-out Company that I MUST have an opening window above where the gas hob kitchen pod is being installed for venting purposes - no pop up roof fyi.
However, I do have a shuttle i.e.doors both sides and therefore I have an opening sliding door which will open directly behind the gas hob kitchen pod - this will do the same job as far as I am concerned!

Does anyone know if the window is a regulation or just his/Gas engineers stance on this?

Our preference is not to be forced in to a new window with an opening being installed £250! and work with the sliding door.

If anyone can help on this really would appreciate more information.

Many thanks Bluey & the Mrs!

To the best of my research the company are incorrect, in a vehicle which will not be hired out then the BS Guidance need not be followed.

It appears to me that generally conversion companies stick to the BS Guidance as a 'belt, braces & £' measure.

If they are telling you that you MUST then it might be worth questioning their overall knowledge of conversions because they either
don't know, haven't explained it properly or just want extra £.

It cannot be a legal requirement as my Westfalia does not have one above the hob and comes like that from the factory. It has front side opening windows (rear kitchen) and I would always have at least one open when cooking even with the pop top open as ventilation is important, but they must be wrong about regulation requiring one above the hob.
Thank you @andys .... confirms my thinking.... I am reaching the conclusion that they are looking at every opportunity to make some £££s out of me. Great info as always. Paul

Back