Gas gas gas....

Sackmycook

Ex-owner
T6 Legend
So, I have a new Campingaz chef stove, the one with 2 burners and toaster tray under, fitting into a slim suitcase.
Looking at the price of gas is making me shudder as a tight Yorkshireman.
Would I be able to use the below....cut of the cadac adaptor and fit a suitable fitting for the Chef stove ?
Screenshot_20210425-200005_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent. What is your trio connected to ? Did you buy it with a different end fitting than the cadac ? Cant see anything but a cadac fitting....

Is the Cadac hose the same size as the hose for the Campinggas stove? if so,even an idiot like me could probably do it safely. FWIW, I think the hose from my 907 cylinder / regulator is 8mm.

Hey, as a fellow tight Yorkshire man I too was shocked at the prices but I did find a place in Normanton Here that will sell a full 904 bottle for £25 or exchange for £20 they had loads as well. :)

Hey, as a fellow tight Yorkshire man I too was shocked at the prices but I did find a place in Normanton Here that will sell a full 904 bottle for £25 or exchange for £20 they had loads as well. :)
Thanks, I'll take a look at that

So, I have a new Campingaz chef stove, the one with 2 burners and toaster tray under, fitting into a slim suitcase.
Looking at the price of gas is making me shudder as a tight Yorkshireman.
Would I be able to use the below....cut of the cadac adaptor and fit a suitable fitting for the Chef stove ?
View attachment 113743
@Sackmycook. Out of interest, what did you do in the end?

From a finance point of view, the 907 bottle shouldn't come into the equation - basically, you've spent the money and it's already gone. The calculation that you need to be doing is how long will the cost of the Cadac thing take to be paid back in gas costs saved. If you do the sums and like the answer, go for it.

@Sackmycook. No but there are some clues in a post that I made back in 2019 although you might have to update the prices:
As a relative newbie to this camper game, I bought a full Campingaz 907 bottle last year - I can't remember the cost but do remember being shocked at it (and also at the then advertised refill cost). That said, we've been using the Campingaz C206 cylinders (the sort where you puncture the top) for years and years in both a small stove and a light when camping and never really gave the cost a second thought. This thread prompted me to look at it and I now see that they contain a 190g of butane/propane mix and at todays Go Outdoor price, worked out that it would cost about £39 to buy the equivalent of a full 907 which now seems extortionate. Out of curiosity, I also looked at the cost of the 'tall' (and removable) cylinders used in our other camping stove which is the ubiquitous 12" square/3" tall jobbie and worked out that the 907 equivalent in those cylinders (227G of butane) would come in at around £23, again from Go Outdoors. Interestingly (in a nerdy way), you can also buy the same amount from Amazon for about £11 including shipping. We've got quite a few of both types stashed away from our camping days and I think we might start using them before turning on the Smev in the van again as it's only usually used for boiling the kettle.
It all depends on how much gas you use - personally it’s not much as we only use the hob for a brew and the very occasional saucepan of soup so a 907 cylinder lasts us a very long time.

I use a 907 for the hob x 2 rings and when cooking outside via external bbq point under the van with quick release Cadac ... it’s been fine for the fair few times we have used it ... gas is expensive in the 907 format but we’ve had over 1 year of outings on 1 bottle ... £29.00 I paid for refills x 2 to get 2 years worth upfront .. best value is the 4.5kg bottle £19.00 and perhaps use a dedicated Cadac supply .. you just need to find somewhere to keep it in transit ...

The 907 cylinders do seem like a very expensive way of buying gas. However, in practice, a 907 lasts us ages so it’s definitely not worth faffing about with alternatives for us. The gas expenditure is a truly tiny proportion of our total trip expenses!

Back