Garage Floor solutions

No one here's got a tiled garage floor? :whistle:

FWIW I've been looking at the Dotti tiles, they seem like they'll do the job.

I tiled mine 18 years ago with B&Qs cheapest floor tiles. Only negative is that they are really slippy when wet so have to be careful when walking in and out of the garage when washing the car / van.

I used to put the jack / stands on plywood to lift up vehicles but now just do it straight off the tiles and no damage yet!

Ian

I tiled mine 18 years ago with B&Qs cheapest floor tiles. Only negative is that they are really slippy when wet so have to be careful when walking in and out of the garage when washing the car / van.

I used to put the jack / stands on plywood to lift up vehicles but now just do it straight off the tiles and no damage yet!

Ian
Cheers Ian, did you just bed them on normal tile adhesive? Nothing fancy? It's something I want to DIY but having only tiled kitchen walls before etc it's new to me :thumbsup:

I used mototile in mine, they do an industrial one that you can jack on/use axle stands etc - I went for the recycled ones and you wouldn’t know, I am very pleased after 3 or 4 years.

I park a 1200GS on its main stand without issues, sagging or any dents - recommended

I was looking at getting similar tiles to those above the other day. I did think about laying proper tiles down years ago but never got round to it too much hassle and it seems the interlocking tiles are standard fare for garages

Cheers Ian, did you just bed them on normal tile adhesive? Nothing fancy? It's something I want to DIY but having only tiled kitchen walls before etc it's new to me :thumbsup:

it was solid (as opposed to flexible) powder mix adhesive, in a bucket and mixer blade in the electric drill. I used a notched spreader and ensured no voids / gaps, particularly at the edges. All tiles had a good wriggle to bed them.

here it is..

FD8E5BC0-8D02-4713-8E21-40AC3135D241.jpeg

Has anyone considered laying vinyl? In our old house, I used the vinyl that I took out of the kitchen. It was cut up in all shapes, but did the job well. We built a new house a couple of years ago, and I had vinyl fitted properly. It actually worked out cheaper than floor paint.

If you are thinking about ceramic tiles onto that old apoxy floor you may need to grind it back to remove old paint

If you are thinking about ceramic tiles onto that old apoxy floor you may need to grind it back to remove old paint
Did wonder that, I think it might need a self levelling screed though so hope that would sort it?

The fact it’s easy to clean was also on my list of priorities as half the garage is used for muddy bikes

I’ve put some units on the back walls

CA91BBEA-AE8B-49CF-A95B-B5EBC58C6029.png

And mrs WinFreak bought me some cool prints for my bday a few weeks ago:

C1CE1388-8C0C-4EEC-83BE-B3011CBB7BEC.jpeg

Back