Fuse box F? Blower motor fuse

Hi everyone, want to check blower fuse before I drop £300 on a new motor. I've read the fuse is on Fuse box F which SHOULD be under the passenger seat. After removing the bench and swivel there's nothing there?? Where could it be? 2012 T5. 1 T28 camper conservion. Thanks in anticipation.

Before you do anything else, does the fan fail to run on any speed setting ?

Pete

Correct, nothing at all. I'll replace the resistor pack at the same time though. VW just told me there is no Indpendent fuse for the blower motor it's fused by the resistor pack. So even more confused with what I've read now! Thanks for your reply Pete.

Resistor packs are pretty cheap (loads on eBay), so do that first before you go near the fan itself.

Pete

Fuse is not under the seat its actually one of 2 fuses adjacent to the BCU behind the lower right-hand side of the steering wheel.
I'll edit in a moment with a diagram,
1595512813015.png

Last edited:
Thanks Loz, absolute blinder, had to unhinge the BCU to get there and found one popped 40A fuse. The motor is not spinning easily so I'll get a new one. Try and post a picture now for the next poor soul. Thanks again
IMG_20200723_171837.jpg

Just done this, disappointingly (maybe) my 40 amp fuse is intact. The was quest continues......

Back