Furniture Vinyl Wrapping

PaulyV

Hey everyone, been lurking on here for a while and just about to push the button and purchase a T6 conversion.

The van in question meets 99% of my needs and is within budget, only issue being is the colour of the furniture is not entirely what I'd be after if I were bespoke choosing my own.

Has anyone had any experience of wrapping their furniture with kitchen cupboard vinyl or similar products? I figure if it's hard-wearing for a domestic kitchen it should be ok for a camper.

Thanks in advance

Welcome.

I would say it is as easy/difficult as applying vinyl to anything - I know I would make a right hash and get creases and bubbles in it :whistle:

I do this for a living (more wrapping vehicles and signs) I did look into wrapping camper units but haven’t had time to give it my full attention yet. I have wrapped a few kitchens which is pretty much the same thing. I would say with the vinyls these days it would be a learning curve but doable for a DIY job. Where are you based?

Hey Guys,

New member here, and was just interested to understand if anyone had tried to wrap the interior units. A bit like the opening message, I have a van that I love, and am looking to upgrade the rock n roll bed to a new titan bed, but was looking to change the upholstery as I do it, but this would then need a change to the units.They are in perfect condition, so keen change the colour as cost effective as possible, so was thinking wrapping them may be a good option, but can’t seem to find much on this?

Any thoughts, advice or experience shared would be helpful

Thanks, Dan

I remember before we had the van (and therefore had 2 houses) coming home after work to the wife's house to find we had a new kitchen fitted! My wife, several rolls of Fablon and a few hours labour. The kitchen cabinets were all flat fronted, similar to our van, and it looked fablonlous! She did a really good job!
Can't be that hard can it?! I do hope she doesn't read this!

The missus has re wrapped the whole kitchen units...

And many other house based items, including the tiles in the loo under the stairs.

Back