Full width bed on rails

f6100153

T6 Pro
Id like to replace our kombi seats with a full width sliding rock and roll bed in my LWB. I was planning on getting a fortywinks bed but realised once the bed is down there will be no room in the van to even get changed for bed.

Main requirements are it needs to be comfy as most of the time it will be seat, needs to be able to seat 3. At least 2 isofix points, ideally 3.

What do people recommend? And what sort of price will this cost (ball park). I'm budgeting £5k, would that cover it?

I've like the just Kampers one but it's only available for the SWB on their website.
Also seen uberbus and the variotech 3000 but can't find any information on price.

Any reviews from owners would be appreciated as this is probably the biggest investment into the conversion.

I cannot rate the Variotech 3000 highly enough after having it fitted last year...so versatile. From what I believe it has to be fitted by an 'approved fitter' as its bonded down to the floor and as such there only seem to be a handful of fitters out there. I cannot really vouch for comfort as a seat, but as a bed it is quite firm so we use a topper which makes so much difference.
I believe Ian @Eclipse Campers, on this forum, fits these so he may be able to hep more with pricing. Its not cheap but it is worth the extra cost IMHO.
I had mine fitted by Knights Campers in Lincolnshire who did an excellent job, they may have some pricing on their website.:cool:

You could consider a caravelle rail conversion... which would be a lot cheaper than the above.
You would need a 'multiflex' board in the back as the seats folded flat, are only 2/3rds of a bed.
The rear board is actually really useful when packing the van.
We then have a 'stee free' mattress on top.
Here's mine...

20210502_121414.jpg

20210429_165728.jpg

20210502_122134.jpg

Good point @Skyliner33

I'm now even doubting if this is the right way to go as we have 2 kids both still in cars seat and will be for many years to come. So each time we sleep it we'd have to remove and store them somewhere. I didn't think deciding on a setup would be this difficult :eek:

Want to make sure we get it right as it's quite the investment

Join the club. I’m looking at fitting a sliding bed system this time and am toying installing caravelle rails. Went to look at the sliding bed from Smart Beds last week, which is another option. Why do they have to all be so expensive!:confused:

Smart beds are apparently also adding ISOFIX to their range, they just haven't got round to getting it fully tested. When I spoke to them on the phone and they haven't got a date for it either Its been delayed by covid as there is backlog as testing facillties were shut apparently. They are do a triple / full width 3 seater on rails but again that is yet to be tested. So if you can wait it out they might have some good options.

They did say that things were being delayed.

I've also been looking at the Uberflux system as well. Expensive ... again.

Yeah I need something with Isofix, we have a 4 month and and a 2 year old.

How expensive was Uberflux?

They’re about £3800 upwards. They’re nice as they’re the full RIB beds but on the caravelle rails. I just need to get a price on the caravelle rail bits from Kernow probably.

Titan bed is another option for a bed on OEM rails. I think they us Cali rails rather than Caravelle.

I’ve emailed the Titan beds people. They seem pretty good. They have a 4.5 month waiting list :mad:

Titan bed is my first choice at the moment. Im wondering if I can just get the rails and floor fitted and wait for the bed.

Do they do a full width on rails? Thier website suggests its only a two seater for the rail system?

As an update I rang Titan, they only offer the double seat on rails, they had a 3 seater in the pipeline but as they are so busy they are not looking into it any further at the moment. They do have ISOFIX though available on all models.

Back