Fuel tank position

R J M

Hello - I'm new here, and hoping that someone can help me with some details I need for importing my T6 campervan conversion to France. It's a bit of a nightmare involving all sorts of certificates and inspections. I'm currently filling in a spreadsheet to calculate the load on each axle, and they want me to give the distance of the fuel tank from the front axle. This means the distance of the middle of the fuel tank. Short of crawling around on the floor and trying to see where it is, does anyone know what this distance would be? I've worked out from the internet that the tank is 70L although this info doesn't seem to appear on the Certificate of Conformity.

Hello - I'm new here, and hoping that someone can help me with some details I need for importing my T6 campervan conversion to France. It's a bit of a nightmare involving all sorts of certificates and inspections. I'm currently filling in a spreadsheet to calculate the load on each axle, and they want me to give the distance of the fuel tank from the front axle. This means the distance of the middle of the fuel tank. Short of crawling around on the floor and trying to see where it is, does anyone know what this distance would be? I've worked out from the internet that the tank is 70L although this info doesn't seem to appear on the Certificate of Conformity.
I’d go with 1750mm, but recommend you enhance this diagram and measure properly.

Oh and welcome to the forum!

Attachments

• pdf-Technische-Zeichnungen-Transporter-T6-Kastenwagen-EN-DE-03-2016.pdf
    6.9 MB · Views: 47
I’d go with 1750mm, but recommend you enhance this diagram and measure properly.

Oh and welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the diagram, unfortunately I have no idea which bit is meant to represent the fuel tank. By crawling around on the ground I estimated 0.9m, but maybe I`m looking at the wrong thing.

Thank you! That is a very useful diagram, and I could have given much more accurate measurements for seat positions if I'd had that. But hopefully my tape measured versions will be sufficiently accurate.

Back