Front seat kids bed/hammock/cot thingy...

T

Thogg

IMG_7979.PNG Just purchased one of these off eBay....£50 quid plus postage. Arrived today. Unpacked it and put it together. Apart from the fact the metalwork needs a bloody good clean (greasy metalwork factory stuff on it) I have to say it looks like it's going to be ideal. It'll also double up as a cracking shelf/storage area when it's just me in the van away for work stuff. Or surf trips. It works with the passenger seat swivelled as well. I like!
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272580833771

I know this is a few weeks old now, but could you explain how this thing works please? Have seen the ebay advert and could be the solution we are looking for - but I cannot work out how it is supported. Thank you (BTW - newbie so Hi!)

I know this is a few weeks old now, but could you explain how this thing works please? Have seen the ebay advert and could be the solution we are looking for - but I cannot work out how it is supported. Thank you (BTW - newbie so Hi!)
Hi,
It’s very simple, the ends rest on the edges of the doors up against the windows. It’s very secure unless you open the front door, whereby your small child ends up on the floor outside the van.

Thank you! I guessed as much but wanted to make sure. Looks ideal..and a lot cheaper than another one I saw "Cab-bed" I think it was that hung over the headrests...and were about £180!

Thank you again

I have one, my two year old tested it out this weekend and he loved it. He had no problem climbing in and out... over and over again. He slept well in it and hopefully the novelty will wear off soon. Good idea and not done badly for fifty quid.

It looks very similar. Mine does work with the passenger seat turned although consideration should be given to not doing this as it effectively traps the small child and helps prevent them annoying the crap out of you all night.

Sod it, just ordered one.

I'll quite possibly go with the child trap option lol

I’ve been looking for something similar for my 2 year old son to use in the Caravelle. Having had this for a while, would you still recommend it?

Thanks

We used one in our old T5. Can't fault them for the price. Our daughter was in it from age 2 (modified with pipe insulation to stop her rolling out).

Back