Front grille trim x4 (Caravelle) vendors

Andyman

Photographer
T6 Guru
Looking to buy some Blue grill trim

Everywhere I look there is only 2 pieces available for the top grill and then the bottom grill

Our grill has 4 pieces of chrome trim, 2 either side of the badge, anyone know where I can get all 4 pieces? As per attached image

The obvious place like Vanstyle actually only sell the 2 lower pieces

Thanks all898F93C9-A5BD-4F52-832E-E5E88E7C39BA.jpeg

Possibly change the badge as well to same colour as trim

Vanstyle actually want me to buy a whole new grill to overcome the issue

Why you always push me to the simple solution lol

And….. you know anyone local who can wrap them
I haven't done it, but I'm told it's a straightforward DIY solution. Get your preferred wrap colour from Amazon, super clean your grills, apply and run a hairdryer/heatgun over it to shrink it on, then trim with a new, sharp blade. Hey, if you cock it up, just peel it off and give it another go!

What colour are you after? Vanstyle do sell them; they have either red or carbon - not as a set of 4 but split into the upper and lower sections of the top grille

What colour are you after? Vanstyle do sell them; they have either red or carbon - not as a set of 4 but split into the upper and lower sections
Issue is with Vanstyle, they only do the lower part of the top grill

1B3D9878-618A-4B2D-8577-7542BD21F60D.png
Are these not both sets you’re after? I know they don’t do the other colours like it though (blue, green etc)

@JOG you seem to have come out trumps

So based on that and the fact that you’re a good guy, any preferred wrap on Amazon I ought to use?

Ps OH says if i cock it up peel
It off and do it again, doesn’t cut it,

So based on that and the fact that you’re a good guy, any preferred wrap on Amazon I ought to use?

Well, you only went and set expectations with OH that you are incapable of managing!

I’m going to defer to @Texxaco who did some mirror wrapping a while back - I mean, who starts on a shape like a mirror for a first attempt? He nailed it and will know what/where to buy!

@Andyman have you tried getting the grills out yet? I had a go in the summer and gave up :( get them out first and then worry about wrapping them. You might end up just buying a whole new front grill..

Well, you only went and set expectations with OH that you are incapable of managing!

I’m going to defer to @Texxaco who did some mirror wrapping a while back - I mean, who starts on a shape like a mirror for a first attempt? He nailed it and will know what/where to buy!
Good call @JOG because @Texxaco ”owes me” lol

It’s feckin difficult and takes the patience of a monk, god only knows how I did it without launching the heat gun.

My advice, pay someone to do it. It made me appreciate people who wrap stuff for a living.

Back