Front Facing Camera

Alan Croft

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all,

I’ve got the rear parking sensors and rear camera fitted on mine as standard (sadly the dealer didn’t put the extra option for the fronts on when they spec’d it). Wondered if anyone has ever fitted a forward facing camera in the front grille area rather than the sensors?

Ta

That is the sort of thing, thank you. Am guessing won’t work with factory head unit though??

That is the sort of thing, thank you. Am guessing won’t work with factory head unit though??
I think probably not, though I only have the basic stereo that has no sort of video input. Don’t know if there’s maybe a loom for the ones that take a feed from a reversing camera to give them an RCA video input, maybe someone with a more upmarket unit than mine could say?

Hmm may have to think about a small discreet screen then maybe. Either that or just buy Pauly’s front sensors lol

We have the reverse camera fitted but our previous car had both front and rear for parking. Does anyone know if you can have a front camera fitted that would connect into the discover media Pro so you see a split screen and both views?

I haven't shown my setup yet but have a look below.

Reactions: mmi
Not tried it but willing to look into it as give it a go. In theory on an MQB based vehicle shouldn't be an issue from there I would think it's wires and coding. Discover Pro is mib3 which is fitted to MQB vehicles to so that will be fine I'd need to get my geek on but in theory yes can't see why not

Not tried it but willing to look into it as give it a go. In theory on an MQB based vehicle shouldn't be an issue from there I would think it's wires and coding. Discover Pro is mib3 which is fitted to MQB vehicles to so that will be fine I'd need to get my geek on but in theory yes can't see why not
Keep me posted @Dav-Tec my partner would love to have it added, I see from the link @Robert posted him and @dnoermann have spent a load of time investigating already.

Back