Formula 1 (2019) Spoiler Alert!

Ghost

T6 Guru
Not long before the 2019 F1 season gets underway.

I think this year will be an interesting one, not only to see who’s first to take the chequered flag, but so many drivers changing teams.. with only 2 teams keeping the same drivers this year.

Don’t think there be much change at Mercedes, but I can see Leclerc give Vettel a run for his money.
Who’s going to come out on top of the new Brits.. Lando Norris or George Russell?
Nice to see Kubica and Daniil Kvyat back.

Who’s interested, and what’s your predictions?

Think Mercedes and Ferrari will be on it from the start, interested to see how Red bull and Honda get on as we know what Red Bull can do even with a duff engine and like or loath him, Verstappen is quite a talent.
Vettel Leclerc will be fascinating as we all saw what happened to Vettel last time he got a decent team mate. Would love to see Ricciardo up there but just don’t see it happening and Kubica back is a great comeback story so would be nice if Williams can give him a decent car.
Don’t think there’s much to choose between the British rookies unless McLaren can find their mojo again.

Looking forward to it just a bit pee’d off about the lack of free to air coverage as I can’t bring myself to pay for Sky.

And I’ve just had my tickets come through for Melbourne:):):waving:

Got to agree with @Sjacko20 about the cost of watching on Sky, I nearly signed up for it last year but couldn’t bring myself to pay what they were asking!

Channel 4 will show live coverage of the British GP, and also air highlights from every race.

Love a bit of F1.

Also glad to see Kubica and Kvyat back in the mix and Le Clerc should provide an interesting addition to Ferrari.

I'd like to see McLaren sorting themselves out this season but they may continue struggling - I think they miss Big Ron. The swap to the Renault engine just as the Honda one was showing huge improvements looks like it's going to be another season of struggle for them sadly but I hope not.

I'm getting a bit bored of the predictable Mercedes domination and hope something changes on that front. I'm a firm believer that if you're in the fastest car then it's most likely that you'll be the fastest driver, and ultimately, the championship winner. It'd be nice to see some hefty rule changes to aerodynamics which might allow a bit more more overtaking and possibly bring some of the other teams/drivers into contention.

Oh, and bring back re-fuelling! I miss it, it added that extra layer of uncertainty/danger and the sport needs a bit more of that. It's getting a bit too sterile in places.

Have to say I stopped watching F1 about 20 years ago as it just got so boring, never been tempted to start watching it again.
Now MotoGP; there’s proper motor racing, with loads of wheel to wheel action and overtaking too.... :rolleyes::whistle:

Love F1. Been a Hamilton fan since his rookie year. Hoping he does it again this year.

Have to say I stopped watching F1 about 20 years ago as it just got so boring, never been tempted to start watching it again.
Now MotoGP; there’s proper motor racing, with loads of wheel to wheel action and overtaking too.... :rolleyes::whistle:
Would love the GOAT to get one more. Not sure I can see it happening though

I'm afraid I've drifted away from f1, i tend to watch the first 10-20 laps and then that's it. first to the first corner wins.
i just wish it was more dramatic and as already mentioned, not so sterile

For me it has to be, and always has been BTCC, all the way wheel to wheel action with the odd punch up!

Tbh there was a time I’d not miss a live GP, but with life’s commitments and the lack of interesting races, I too drifted away.

Yet over the last few years Iv found myself watching again, i believe there is overtaking and drama, you just need to look down the grid at all the teams and not just the top 6.

I can understand people switching off seeing the same driver winning week after week. That’s why I’m massively disappointed that Ric didn’t get the drive with the Mercs this year. That would have been a great battle between him and Lewis.

I only started watching again as F1 was a customer of mine a few years ago. Once for the on air graphics then for content archiving.
But have to agree it's just a procession most of the time. Especially Monaco... :sleep: Should stop and leave that as a TT.

I'm looking fwd to seeing how Ricciardo will fair against Hulk in the Renault. Not because I'm a Renault fan, just because I can't remember any other of the race winners from the last few years driving any other car than one of the top three. Not expecting wins, but will he blow his new teammate off the track? Maybe even almost be able to keep up with the front 6?

Vettel will have spat his dummy by the fifth race....

Haha, yes. Why do they keep giving his dummy back anyway? Leclerc might just smack it out of his mouth this time!

I'd like to see a few changes that would identify the fastest driver rather than the fastest car/team.

Imagine a situation where the drivers would have to drive all of the cars from all of the teams during a season. They effectively wouldn't drive for any one team, rather they'd drive for them all. At the end of the season the FIA could tot up the points and the winner would clearly be able to prove themselves as the fastest/best driver over the rest of the field.

I know it's too radical an idea to happen but the sport desperately needs something big to change or fans will continue to lose interest, as stated by quite a few of you above.

At the moment it's the teams with the biggest budgets which go the fastest and it's that factor which will always keep their drivers at the front of the grid. And it's that factor which needs to change. It'd genuinely love to see Lewis or Vettel, or any of them, competing on even terms.

I would like a points overhaul starting with a single point for every lap completed Friday Sat and Sunday.
Scrap the grid penalties for component changes as they would loose points for not completing laps above..

I would like a points overhaul starting with a single point for every lap completed Friday Sat and Sunday.
Scrap the grid penalties for component changes as they would loose points for not completing laps above..
It would certainly help make the events more of a three day festival of power, speed and endurance; throw in a few bands, great food and drink, and maybe some more entertaining special events on the track etc etc.
I know others like it, and I've tried to watch a few Formula E, but I never made it to the end, just horrible viewing imo. Bloody Milk Floats (which we may all be driving one day):(

Don’t pay much attention to over the last few years. Even more so now that Hamilton who has the personality of a sponge is always complaining about everyone

Back