Ford Mustang 2018

Add me to the list of V8 virgins itching to pop that particularly ripe and enticing cherry. I go through phases of staring at V8 M3's on Autotrader and trying to justify a 3rd car (or 4th if you count the Fiesta my son is getting on his 17th b/day in March) that will sit for most of the time on my driveway. My dog, who goes everywhere with me in the Kombi with no concern to marks on seats or nose marks on windows, would be barred from it.
My wife who has a Mini Clubman which already shows various battle scars would, of course, be allowed to drive it, but I'd be a nightmare for checking for any potential kerb marks or dings that 'must've been there already' according to her.

Add to that the ridiculous £515 VED for a car that would probably be doing less than 2k per year, keeps putting my off.

Also, Yank V8's for as much as I love them, just don't seem to work the same in Blighty. If I lived in the US, I would definitely drive some sort of rumbling V8, but over here, just not the same.

My business partner incidentally has just got an SRT Grand Cherokee with the 6.4l Hemi engine after owning a couple of Holden/Vauxhall Monaros. His mileage is minimal compared to mine though.

RHD Mustangs will hold their price very well.
For a better deal, consider a LHD model such as an import 'stang or a camaro (my favourite of the 3) or charger. If you avoid the hellcat charger, the other V8's are reasonable. Downside is you'd have to live with LHD of course - but if it's a weekend toy then that isn't too much of an issue.

I'm not sure what it is, but the V8 American muscle car (which ever type) seems sooooooooo appealing, must be the little boy in the toy shop thing. I wonder if the RHD will become a good used buy in a couple of years. If they lost 50% of their value, at £18k they would bet a steal, but I suspect they may be keepers for most of their owners, of which there will never be that many.

Not the same but the M135i (now M140i) is the last of the RWD six cylinder hatches so we're hanging onto ours.

But I sure would love to try an old Charger R/T, Barracuda, Shelby GT500, whatever!!

Even Porsche are introducing 4 cylinder engines in their smaller cars - although they are a flat 4 which the original ones were.
I wonder if they will sound anything like a beetle?
They work very well but they sound cack compared to the old sixes. A real shame.

Back