Fogstar seatbase battery and RIB swivel

While we are here is it better to run + & - to the battery? Can I run negative to chassis? Could I run a single heavy cable from the battery to a positive busbar and connect DC-DC and inverter to the busbar allowing charging and discharge when needed? So many questions!!

While we are here is it better to run + & - to the battery? Can I run negative to chassis? Could I run a single heavy cable from the battery to a positive busbar and connect DC-DC and inverter to the busbar allowing charging and discharge when needed? So many questions!!
Yep. Big honkin positive cable from battery to Megafuse then master isolator switch, then busbar. Then everything connects via the busbar - DC-DC, inverter, MPPT, all your loads. That main cable and Megafuse needs to be able to handle the draw from the inverter plus all your other loads, probably in the region of 300a with a quick look.

Negative, I'm not sure if negative to the chassis is ok with an inverter, it's complicated if you have 240v shore power too.

I have the roamer seatbase and i think the new one has individual cell monitoring, they are lifepo4 the safest as unlikely to catch fire. They fit with a swivel but handbrake needs lowering. I had a Victron 1600w inverter but it only did 900 Watts so I sent it back. I have Mc Camping 1500w from Reimo. Fantastic purrs at 1500w peaks at 3000w will reset as well.

Bugger!!!
I've just had a measure up and can confirm, at 442x220x92mm it's too long.

Well... Technically it's too long to fit in the seat base... If you mounted it as far back as possible it would fit through the gap at the front, laying down, and would maybe poke through by 5cm or so depending how far back you can get it, and if you have sockets etc. height is literally bang on 90mm above the carpet (on a Caravelle) so you'd need to modify the drivers floor mat too... :rofl: or modify the seat base and raise it the 10mm to clear the floor mat. I mean that area is unused space anyway...

What I'm saying is, I reckon you could make it fit. :D

Edit:

Another option would be to mount it on the back of the seat base, like this:

1000006890.png
1000006889.png

Last edited:
Back