Floor fixings after bench seat to single/captain swap (T6)

ched

T6 Highline PV (Camper Conversion)
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi – I've recently swapped out my factory bench seat for a single/captain seat on the passenger side...
As there's only 4 bolts for the single, I have now have two fixing points protruding from the cab floor, so looking for some advice on what to do with them.

It looks like they can be removed from the floor as they have a hex collar, but will removing them expose the remaining holes to the outside world?
Has anybody got any experience with this? Does anybody make a suitable 'blanking' grommet or similar to plug the holes?

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

IMG_9297.JPG

Did this yesterday. It does leave whole to the outside world and when you loosen them they fall onto the plastic 'guards' under the van. Two of them are easy to retrieve by undoing a few 10mm headed screws, but two land on top of the fuel tank (I'm assuming). Options are to remove and leave them to find their own way out; drop the tank (which I'll be doing anyway to remove rear bench fixings); grind off to leave the floor sealed. I plan to use a 'flap' of flooring from under the seat, cuts circles and glue in.

hi mate I'm sure wen I did mine I took top nut off {protruding bit in cab} I couldn't see daylight covered with same carpet but every time it got vacuumed the bits got sucked up unless careful only in Oldham if you need help:thumbsdown:

hi mate I'm sure wen I did mine I took top nut off {protruding bit in cab} I couldn't see daylight covered with same carpet but every time it got vacuumed the bits got sucked up unless careful only in Oldham if you need help:thumbsdown:
Taking the nut off leaves the bolt poking up, guaranteeing first rate myther from MrsB every time she stands on one. Grind this bit off, then cover and enjoy the hoovering issue.
Alternatively remove completely and you have 4 mini fart gas drop vents. Oh, hang on, methane......

Thanks for the info @boxelder and also @t6 soon for the offer of help...
My T6 is booked in for camper conversion in September so I'll live with the bolts until then. I'll probably get them to do the grind-off option when the van is stripped down.
They are also dropping the tank to fit a diesel heater, so complete removal may also be an option too.

Have a good weekend – Cheers

There’s no bolt underneath, it’s just a thread in the floor. Surely some of the clever 3D print people on here could produce some ;)

There’s no bolt underneath, it’s just a thread in the floor. Surely some of the clever 3D print people on here could produce some ;)
Yes, it is a thread and not a bolt as such, but the thread/stud can be removed, only for the 'female bit' to drop clear. I've Sikaflexed mine back on and screwed in those nice black blanking bolts.

Sorry, I didn’t mean bolt :rolleyes: I’ve taken the studs out of the floor and the thread is still there, not going anywhere... I wonder if yours is different for some reason?:confused:

Sorry, I didn’t mean bolt :rolleyes: I’ve taken the studs out of the floor and the thread is still there, not going anywhere... I wonder if yours is different for some reason?:confused:
Must be. The threaded bit that dropped out were an L-shaped bracket - maybe should have been attached/fixed. That would have saved some time and pain :cautious:

UPDATE: Just fitted the blanking grommets and I can confirm that nothing dropped from the underside when removing the threaded seat fixings. I'm pleased with the overall look of them... thanks @Yzfr1 for pointing me towards them as a solution. :)

IMG_9406.JPG

UPDATE: Just fitted the blanking grommets and I can confirm that nothing dropped from the underside when removing the threaded seat fixings. I'm pleased with the overall look of them... thanks @Yzfr1 for pointing me towards them as a solution. :)

View attachment 81910
I need to do this but 15 quid for two bolts !!!!

Tell me about it mate.... ridiculous price. Tried hard to find alternatives before shelling out £15 — the bolts are readily available online at many places, but the actual grommets proved elusive. They seem to be just the right depth to accommodate the thickness of the flooring so I suspect they are custom made/bespoke.

Last edited:
Back