Flashing coil light and stop start fault [Resolved]

I've still got until the end of the March until I’m booked in. Managed to go from when we were last speaking about it, until Monday just gone, without it happening. Same old, turn off engine/turn back on = Gone.
Oh fair enough mate. Yeah mine hasn’t done it for 2 weeks now so I’m about due it! :p

I’ve put ‘another’ new battery on as I’d wrecked the other one by jump starting it all the time. This one is holding up as yet but it’s only been on a couple of weeks. I need to get the problems sorted before I wreck this one!

Any luck guys with the money pits?!

@NickyBrown08 @T6Plumber

I’m still trying to sort mine!
Hi pal,

Mine was a blocked DPF, the pressure created from the turbo couldn’t anywhere causing it to go back, turbo then slowly was getting tired and started whining.
I had been on loads of big runs but it wasn’t regenerating for some reason.

Took it to a garage and found the problem within 10 mins. Had the turbo replaced which was a mess and very lucky not to cause any more damage.

Runs like a dream now, no lights. My first go would check if you are getting pressure from exhaust.

Hopes this helps you.

@Rob2red So the van went to Marshall’s today mate. Still hasn’t done it since the 26th Feb. So 5 weeks with no reoccurrence now.

I got them to do a big service on it as part of my plan at the same time & kill two birds with one stone. Got a phone call at 14:00 saying it was ready to collect. Clean bill of health & as there has been so many faultless runs since it last happened, the faults list is all clear.

They apparently checked all of the obvious possible causes & found nada.

Not sure if I’m more relieved that theres nothing majorly wrong, or concerned that the cause is still totally undiagnosed really…

So, new plan: Next time it does it, I’ll call VW Assist so they can come & grab the code before it does a disappearing act again.

The saga continues unfortunately…

Back