Fixed Rib Vs Sliding Rib

I'm 99% sure that Vanworx use the Scopema RIB Altair.

I'm also increasingly convinced that the Caravelle floor rails are worth it for the versatility/flexibility they will give.

If we didn't have two labradors I think I'd be going with the fixed RIB but with the dogs I just know I'm going to want to be able to slide the RIB forward and create a safe area at the back of the van for them.

Pic of the loons for interest:

GLO-7.jpg

We have fust ordered a Cambee full width R&R bed with their easy fit kit for our LWB. Won't allow forward and back movement but does allow 'relatively' easy removal.
RIB was no good to us as it sits to high. Both of us being over 6'.
We haven't fitted it yet so can't comment on how it works in use but I liked the set back position of the one they had at their workshop.
We have a dog as well but use an elasticated cargo net between the front seats and a harness attached to the lash down point (highline kombi) feature we kept, whilst travelling. He happily lives on his bed behind the front seats.

Looked at the rails with the cambee and others but £2,500 plus loss of head height made us decide against it.

Not many rear passengers likely so distance seat is set back not an issue, infact with my lads being well over 6' as well they will love the legroom when they do need a lift.

As others have said head height and feet dangling in the air are a problem with RIB on rails set ups. Might not be an issue if its for occasional passenger use.
A sliding seat makes the van much more useful in lots of ways as already mentioned.

Back