Fixed or Flexible servicing?

MrTesco

T6 Pro
Evening all,

I have just bought 2016 Shuttle.

Just wondering what people's preferences are regarding service options are?

My shuttle has come with flexible servicing, I mainly use it over the weekends or and the odd day out, so was just wondering if I best to stick with flexible or go fixed?

Cheers for your input
Charlie

My choice has always been time and distance. (you can ask your dealer to change this for you)
Better for vehicle and if you are keeping this longterm will be better.
Longlife servicing was invented for company/fleet operators in the competition to lower running costs.

I've been wondering about this.
My van is just a weekend warrior and I've had it since March last year, just gone past the 8k mark.
When I bought the van, I literally paid for it and drove it off the forecourt.
Are these servicing options an extra that you pay for as a package or something?
Could someone enlighten me please?

I've been wondering about this.
My van is just a weekend warrior and I've had it since March last year, just gone past the 8k mark.
When I bought the van, I literally paid for it and drove it off the forecourt.
Are these servicing options an extra that you pay for as a package or something?
Could someone enlighten me please?

Mines more of a weekend worrier too ( well it was till Wednesday when I wrote my Skoda off ) but the dealer said for the mileage I would be doing it wasn't worth a service package so I never bothered

Sorry to hear about your car, I hope you are OK?
The place I bought it from didn't even discuss the matter with me, he wasn't a vw dealer though, so maybe that's why.

I received two free services included in the package when I bought mine. The dealer happened to be running a special over Christmas. M

I was told when I bought mine that these only need to be serviced at about every 20k or 22-24months. It's been bothering me though as I only do about 7-9k a year and I just don't believe that servicing the vehicle every 2 years is a good thing for the engine.

What are others thoughts on this? I was thinking that if I do keep it on this type of service plan, that I may look at at least changing the oil and filter every 10k / 12months.

Yep oil and filter + check over every 12 months regardless of miles. Always done this with all my vehicles as i dont do many miles either @ZipcodeUK . never had a problem.

Back