Fitting Windows Before Lining

Neilson

Precision Engineer
VIP Member
T6 Pro
There's a delay with my SCA roof so I'm twiddling my thumbs for a minute.

I don't want to line the van before the roof is done (and neither do the roof fitters!) so I've been holding off cutting out and fitting the windows so I can fit the lining before the glass is bonded but i really need to get on with it.

Has anyone lined a van with the glass already in? If so any pointers? I'm thinking as long as I mask off the glass it should be too much of an issue but I'm guessing it would just be easier with a hole to line around.

There's a delay with my SCA roof so I'm twiddling my thumbs for a minute.

I don't want to line the van before the roof is done (and neither do the roof fitters!) so I've been holding off cutting out and fitting the windows so I can fit the lining before the glass is bonded but i really need to get on with it.

Has anyone lined a van with the glass already in? If so any pointers? I'm thinking as long as I mask off the glass it should be too much of an issue but I'm guessing it would just be easier with a hole to line around.

We always line van first then fit windows, easier to get neater finish

I thought as much. Trouble is I can’t afford to wait now. 2 windows in and the holes cut today for the rest. I’ll fit the window company plastic surrounds if i’m not happy with the finish.

Back