Fitting VW Badge to Vanstyle Grill

Boyo72

Sold my Kombi!
VIP Member
Hi

I have bought a vanstyle gloss grill and there site says the genuine VW badge will fit but on attempting to fit the badge I’d say it’s hardly engaging on the locating tabs, they do line up with the the grill but to honest if I press any harder I think I’m going to break the grill.

Anyone else had this problem ?

I think it’s the build up of paint around the holes.

TBH I snapped all the clips off and bonded mine on

I’ve heard others have done the same as Jamie
I got a travelin lite grill and badge and I couldn’t get it to fit well enough to ensure if would fall off or to remove the gap between the VW and the back. I fitted the original and it is better but not great. On my grill the back plate from the original is not needed and shouldn’t be used according to TL

D974F662-4712-470F-B002-D3233FE277EB.jpeg

Another thing, when I spoke to them about the issue they said the best way to fit the badge was before fitting the grill and to push the grill onto the badge with the badge sat on a soft surface then to push down hard on the back on the grill

I used the original badge with Vanstyle grill. I removed the orginal VW black backing plate though and then 3m foam taped it on to make sure it didn’t come away.

It sits nice and flush and the gloss black behind gives the same effect as using the two piece badge.

I want to spray up the back plate Body colour and fit the gloss black VW again so I will tape it the aftermarket badge on eventually

Thank you for all the replies, I spoke to vanstyle and they said original badges should fit there grills no problem but accept that the odd one will not either fit completely on all tabs or fit flush.

He offered me a gloss badge free of charge and said he is sure that will fit flush as it comes from the same supplier so hopefully he is right. But to be honest I wanted a chrome look badge but vanstyle don’t do these.

Back