Fitting Secondhand H7 Headlights

JSJQ

T6 Pro
It’s hard to find a supplier of H7 headlights in Australia. The only company is not getting good reviews for its product so I’m not too keen on them at all. I’ve tried a few suppliers in the UK but they don’t ship to Australia.

I’ve just come across a secondhand set from a wreck. They are from a 2017 T6 multivan and I would be replacing a set of H4’s on a 2019 T6.

Will they be a straight swap or will there be problems with wiring, errors etc?

Thanks,

John

Straight swap plug and play, just make sure they are from the same handed vehicle and you are good to go, there should be a sticker on top of headlights stating LHD or RHD

As @Pauly says, but you’ll need to code them if you want the low and high beams on together on high beam.

As they stand, the low beam will turn off when you activate high beam.

Big improvement over the H4s.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated!

I have just been told by Bognor Motors they would be willing to ship their LED headlights to me but I’ll need to check Australian regs re LED’s.

A great forum to belong to.

Well, today was a day of disappointments. I went to buy the second hand T7’s only to be told by the salesman that he did not think they would fit. I said I thought they would and so compared my H4’s with his H7’s. He was adamant they wouldn’t so I didn’t buy them.

Despite Bognor’s wonderful service, after totalling the cost of LED headlights, plus levelling plus washers I won’t be going down that track either. Tomorrow it’s Phillips Extreme H4’s with the possibility of Lazer Lamps in a few months. Hey ho.

But the carpet in the cab and the living area of the camper looks great as do the sill plates. Monday the seat covers arrive.

I think your salesman is wrong. Plenty of people have changed H4’s for H7’s. As Pauly said, plug and play.

I’ve changed my H4s for H7s. Took me about an hour, having never done it before. Probably be quicker now.

The more I think about it the more I think he’s wrong too.

Thanks ever for the support.

I also swapped out my OEM H4 lights for OEM H7, direct swap and worked perfectly.

Did need a little vcds trickery to get dip and main bulbs on at the same time mind.

Christmas is coming... maybe... just maybe...

Anyone know if THQ charge to fit their LED lookalike headlights or is it free like Vanstyle?

Back