Fitting dummy windows at summer camp..?

Ploots

LGV driver
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi all
I'm wanting to fit blank dummy windows to my bus, I think it looks ok to do although I do lack a bit of confidence doing it myself,is this something that could be done at summer camp with the help of someone who might have done it before,I'm thinking the van will be parked up for a couple of day's plenty of time for it to cure or is that not the place to be doing things like that,I just thought I'd ask
Thanks

Really easy ......just make sure you leave enough room for the sliding door to pass.

E24EA57B-D7F2-4516-8C52-4D10633CA5D6.jpeg

Thanks but that's not the window's I was thinking about it's the dummy glass that just bonds to the rear quarter side panel behind the fitted opening windows

Mate I was thinking of doing the same. Transporter HQ is not far away but not sure if they're still fitting them.

Do you paint the back of the glass or van panel to stop the van colour reflecting back through in strong sunshine?

Do you paint the back of the glass or van panel to stop the van colour reflecting back through in strong sunshine?
No you don’t have to paint the panel behind as the glass is classed as Limo glass hence you can’t see through it. Don’t t forget to leave the inch gap in the bond at the bottom of the window to let air pressure and moisture escape. I think you could easily do this at the summer camp with help of another and some decent tape to hold them in place while the bond goes off.

Reactions: JOG
No you don’t have to paint the panel behind as the glass is classed as Limo glass hence you can’t see through it. Don’t t forget to leave the inch gap in the bond at the bottom of the window to let air pressure and moisture escape. I think you could easily do this at the summer camp with help of another and some decent tape to hold them in place while the bond goes off.
Also don’t forget to get the strip that sits between your front windows and fake rears as this hides the paint between the two windows.

Thanks for the replies it's looking like a summer camp job then who's offering to help me??? Beer would be supplied

Also don’t forget to get the strip that sits between your front windows and fake rears as this hides the paint between the two windows.
Yep, this is a small detail that makes a big difference in my opinion!

Should be easy enough, i fitted my own windows all round and it was pretty straight forward

Yep, this is a small detail that makes a big difference in my opinion!

Do you think this could be fitted after the windows are in? I have a factory window van that doesnt have them. I suppose at £4 a side its worth a punt!

Thinking about it, the sliding door side should be OK, its the drivers side that could be fiddly!

Back