Fitting BMW Wheels...

markob

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Does anyone have experience of fitting BMW X5 or X6 wheels to a T6?

I know I will need some spigot rings and possibly different bolts (?)

I am trying to work out if I need spacers too on 19" wheels (19 x 9J with 255 tyres) and if so if I should buy pacers with spigot adapters built in?

Any advice much appreciated !

As above assuming the load rating is ok You’ll also need the offset (et) to work out spacers / if they will fit

Thanks, still trying to find the load rating, seems BMW don't stamp that on the wheels... The X5 is pretty heavy but I'm still going to check

Offset on the BMW wheels is ET 48 - If the standard T6 (17") wheels are ET 56 - I guess Im looking at 10mm spacers?

Looks like the standard Hub on the T6 is 65.1mm so I also need to find out the BMW X5 hub size...

Seems the X5 can have a 74.0mm hub on the front and rear but the first generation X5 (E53) uses a 72.5mm

Offset on the BMW wheels is ET 48 - If the standard T6 (17") wheels are ET 56 - I guess Im looking at 10mm spacers?

Offset works the other way - the offset of a wheel is the distance from the hub mounting surface to the centre line of the wheel, so the smaller the figure, the further it sticks out. But you also need to factor in that the 17" T6 wheel is far narrower than the 9J x5 wheel, so the reduced offset of the x5 wheel will be set off against its greater width.

ET48 on a 9J should fit fine without spacers i would think; I run (as do many) ET45 on 9J so these would be 3mm further in, and you're running a slightly narrower tyre too. You'll need spigot rings to adapt the T6 hub to the centre bore of the x5 wheel

Seen plenty of T5's on tiger claws, but don't think I've seen any T6's

Looks like the standard Hub on the T6 is 65.1mm so I also need to find out the BMW X5 hub size...

For reference my Wolfrace X10X wheels are a BMW fit and also et 48 and 19x9J they fit directly to the hub with just spigot rings. As a guide the front are flush and the rear sit in about 10mm so I wouldn’t look to add much in the way of spacers without fitting them first. I’ve used the original VW bolts too.

Great info - thanks ! I have ordered the spigot rings just now, not sure if I need bolts or not?

I used to run staggered X5 tigerclaws.
Spiggot rings and standard bolts without any spacers, and they fitted the arches lovely.

Thinking of getting them powder coated and sticking them on my current van once the devonport tyres are worn out.

I used to run staggered X5 tigerclaws.
Spiggot rings and standard bolts without any spacers, and they fitted the arches lovely.

Thinking of getting them powder coated and sticking them on my current van once the devonport tyres are worn out.
Thanks for this what size of tyres where your running ?

Mac (1st time posting)

I can't quite remember it was a while ago.
They were low profile I remember that.

Pretty sure they were 275/35/19 rear and 255/30/19 front.

Back