Fitting Air Conditioning

T6RP

Just bought a great T6 camper conversion. Now realised it has no Air Con ! Any ideas to get this retro fitted. Probably not a DIY Job ? in Bristol area. Thanks

That sounds like a PITA
Personally i would start with people like Richter Sport & HazzyDayz and see what they say, they are not cheap but will give you an idea of price and confirm if its even feasible

I know there is a firm local to me that fits it on Vito & Sprinters in Colchester.
Can't recall their name but can find out if it's any good to you?

hi did you go to the company for the air conditioning, who was it Cheers
This was the company i found. I didnt go ahead , yet, so cant comment about the work. I also found a company in Newport, but now I cant find them gain when I search. I have spent ages looking and this price seems the only option, there is no 'cheap' or DIY way I can find. Post if you find a better option.. cheers

Supply and Fit: £1650+VAT
Original Controls (See attached image)
Regards

Sam

Alpiniar
Unit 7 Manhattan Business Park
Westgate
London
W5 1UP
T: 02089910055
F: 0208 9981667
E: info@alpinair.co.uk

Hi I have contacted a company in Cwmbran, I'll let you know what they say when they get back to me. I don't suppose you have had a tow bar fitted?

Would be interested to see how you get on with Air Con. I spent ages looking to see how I could do a cheap option, but its either 2 grand or a 20 quid box with a fan you put ice in !!. Haven't had a tow bar fitted..

Hi All - any updates on this please?

I'm considering AC,,, but need to justify the decision (over dash fans) :)

Thanks

Art

Only time I use my AC is to dry the front screen out. Normal driving I prefer to just crack the front windows open a bit.

I didn't go ahead yet with an A/C install. It is a bit pricey and probably wouldn't add any value, but would be nice on those hot days or touring as it does get hot inside. I estimated 1800 when i was looking. someone above in this thread saw something nearer a grand , which would be a good price I think. If you go ahead add the details on here, it would be good to know.

Thanks Guys - I think I'll hang-fire for the time being,, just ordered some window deflectors,, so see how it goes on long trips.

This was the company i found. I didnt go ahead , yet, so cant comment about the work. I also found a company in Newport, but now I cant find them gain when I search. I have spent ages looking and this price seems the only option, there is no 'cheap' or DIY way I can find. Post if you find a better option.. cheers

Supply and Fit: £1650+VAT
Original Controls (See attached image)
Regards

Sam

Alpiniar
Unit 7 Manhattan Business Park
Westgate
London
W5 1UP
T: 02089910055
F: 0208 9981667
E: info@alpinair.co.uk
I’m considering an Indel B unit. Around £1.5 but no fitting expenses. It is a compressor unit not an evaporator. Any reviews?

Back