First trip booked...

Enjoy - a quick walk up to the top before breakfast followed by the other 2 peaks before teatime, maybe?!

We're here...set up (even had the awning barney...just as valid with an 11 year old!) and had a bbq. Space is tight...kinda wishing I'd gone for a day tent rather than the awning as I'm still not convinced I'll be able to reconnect...and it just seems a faff. Anyway...that's tomorrow's trauma. Don't think the awning is too bad for a first go...lessons learned for next time. I do love being away 20170730_171927.jpg .

Reconnecting is easy, just park a couple of inches closer to the awning and it's straightforward to clip back on. We peg a bit of white string down centre with the wheels and 2 inches in then just use that to line back up.

Looks like the awning could go a bit further back so the sliding door is safe from doing damage to the tunnel

Very nice van. We have the vango awning and really liked it. Although haven't tried the drive away yet ;)

Yes...we are not far forward enough...that's one of our lessons learned!

I'm going to switch the rear view camera on and put some pegs on the lines...pitch is back to front with the grass on the wrong side, so came in forwards...would have been better to reverse.

There is a knack to everything @Veema, just takes time to hone those skills. I bet everything wasn't perfect when you first used a caravan. Just give it a bit of time. Hope you and daughter enjoy yourselves and have some nice relaxing times.

So...its thrashed it down all night...there is some dampness around the base of the poptop tent...is this to be expected?

So...its thrashed it down all night...there is some dampness around the base of the poptop tent...is this to be expected?
Depends what it's made of - some canvas needs to weather in via good a soaking before it becomes totally waterproof - I wouldn't worry about it too much this first time but if it happens again I'd look into it a bit more.

.....also make sure nothing inside the pop top (mattress, bedding, etc.) is in contact with the canvas as this will draw moisture through

That's what I thought, but I asked if it needed a dousing before we came and was told no. I'll see how it goes tonight as more rain is forecast.

Managed to reconnect without any problems.

Next gripe...cooking tea and it's taking FOREVER to boil a pan of water for pasta! Should have used the kettle.

Glad you enjoyed yourselves - it does get easier (as you will know from your caravanning days). Unless you are using it again within the next week or so, make sure you get the awning out at home to fully dry it - the Vango bags are quite generous compared to some others - make sure the doors are unzipped, all valves open etc.., and they get down to size quite well (I always do rolly pollys on mine to squeeze air out of the folds before doing the final roll up to get in the bag) - it will be easier when dry - promise!!

Last edited:
Back