Finaly Taken the Plunge

apc67

After years of wanting a van and hours spent reading the excellent threads on this site I am now fulfilling my dream - on Monday I will be placing an order for a 150 DSG SWB Kombi in Pure Grey with the following add ons:

LED front and rear lights
Rear Camera
Power Latching
Cab Carpet
Heated Seats
2+1 Rear Seats

I will then add 30mm lowering springs, 20” matte black alloys and look to soundproof, insulate, board and carpet the interior.

The van is scheduled to arrive in Nov/Dec and I can’t bloomin wait - chuffed to bits I am.

After years of wanting a van and hours spent reading the excellent threads on this site I am now fulfilling my dream - on Monday I will be placing an order for a 150 DSG SWB Kombi in Pure Grey with the following add ons:

Rear Camera
Power Latching
Cab Carpet
Heated Seats
2+1 Rear Seats

I will then add 30mm lowering springs, 20” matte black alloys and look to soundproof, insulate, board and carpet the interior.

The van is scheduled to arrive in Nov/Dec and I can’t bloomin wait - chuffed to bits I am.
Congrats! :)

Don’t forget to put some money aside for additional sound proofing ….and the second door seals

You haven’t read the thread on delayed orders then?! I ordered pretty much the same as yours in March and will be lucky to see it this year. The factory is currently shut due to a parts shortage.
Good luck!!

You haven’t read the thread on delayed orders then?! I ordered pretty much the same as yours in March and will be lucky to see it this year. The factory is currently shut due to a parts shortage.
Good luck!!
I have pressed the dealer on this issue and they have 3 Kombis in the build pipeline that are currently unsold - delivery is Nov/Dec pending any delays caused by the factories closing for an extra week, which is a planned closure to allow delivery of delayed parts.

So sounds like you’ve picked up a stock order then from a dealer with factory allocation. That’s the best outcome and unless the chip supply issues get worse and extends manufacturing delays, you should find that’s a pretty accurate guide on delivery time.

The problem comes when dealers sell beyond their factory allocation (and often don’t tell you that) and that’s a whole other world of pain as you’ll gather from other threads on here!

Rear Camera
Power Latching
Cab Carpet
Heated Seats
2+1 Rear Seats

nice :)

I’m considering lowering my 150 T32 Kombi too, but wasn’t sure if there was any impact on the OEM warranty? I’m guessing not as it seems pretty standard but…?

And another 5 grand for bits and bobs :D
True story...!

I’m considering lowering my 150 T32 Kombi too, but wasn’t sure if there was any impact on the OEM warranty? I’m guessing not as it seems pretty standard but…?
From what I've read you'd not be covered under warranty if the new parts are deemed to be the cause of a problem elsewhere on the vehicle (unlikely by lowering imo). I'm sure some of the people fitting after market stuff on here will put your mind at rest too :)

Last edited:

Lowering shouldn't affect the warranty. For example; all the kits we offer at the cave come with their own warranty and we of course warrant our workmanship, so no need to worry there. The only grey area is if something else fails and VW try to claim it is related to the lowering of the vehicle. This is very, very unlikely though, because unless you go for the really big drops, there's nothing going on in a lowered van that would affect other components.

@Bridger8 just be aware that VW will not give an extended warranty if you fit non OEM suspension. I thought they would just exclude the suspension but several of us have just been refused the current ‘All In’ offer which includes an extended warranty as we have non OEM suspension.

Thanks a lot guys (+ Van Cave replying to all my questions in different bits of the forum :cool: ).

I’ve got a few months OEM warranty left then 12months warranty from the used car dealer I bought it from (not VW)… so need to check… but hope they would just exclude it (worst case) then I rely on the warranty from the lower-er… (accepting the risk of root cause blurring added/non-added parts as mentioned by Merse and Van Cave)

So sounds like you’ve picked up a stock order then from a dealer with factory allocation. That’s the best outcome and unless the chip supply issues get worse and extends manufacturing delays, you should find that’s a pretty accurate guide on delivery time.

The problem comes when dealers sell beyond their factory allocation (and often don’t tell you that) and that’s a whole other world of pain as you’ll gather from other threads on here!
Small dealership that only deals with retail sales hence why they have builds available - not the Same across other dealers as I found out during my enquiries.

Reactions: Ozi
Indeed. Definitely pays off if you are prepared to put some leg work in and cast the net wider

Boom - order placed, Nov/Dec delivery and the dealer has 5 more Kombis available to order if anyone is looking to buy

Reactions: CAB
Not even taken delivery yet and already ordered a private plate for the van - I just know this is going to get messy

Reactions: CAB
Back