Finally Took The Plunge Team White

Kfant1

T6 Pro
14D03335-046C-452F-BD74-91E958BE4E96.jpeg Hi

After joining the forum a few months ago and constantly trauling eBay and auto trader we finally found the T6 for us. 17 plate 102 highline. The idea is to send it straight away for a full camper conversion and get out in it ASAP.

Never been so excited about a vehicle in my life! Here’s a pic, il update the progress as we go.

TEAM WHITE
KFANT1

View attachment 34936 Hi

After joining the forum a few months ago and constantly trauling eBay and auto trader we finally found the T6 for us. 17 plate 102 highline. The idea is to send it straight away for a full camper conversion and get out in it ASAP.

Never been so excited about a vehicle in my life! Here’s a pic, il update the progress as we go.

TEAM WHITE
KFANT1

Welcome to team white...:thumbsup:

Thanks, I can’t wait to start making it “ours”

Can anyone recommend any modifications to start with, or any must haves for camping ?
Front door seals and dash rubber strip to stop objects going between the dash and windscreen.

Skip the front door seals, they are annoying and dont make any difference to soundproofing.

Id change the roof mount handle to a glasses case. Get Carista and some fine a$$ rims.

Oh and a casio watch ;)

Enjoy the van, team white is the best by a long shot.

Skip the front door seals, they are annoying and dont make any difference to soundproofing.
Spoken with such confidence but since joining this forum a couple of months ago I've read the opposite about 100 times more than I've read this. Or am I confusing "front door seals" with something else?

Its a comment made from actual experience so my confidence is pretty high. Since putting the seals on I have regularly had to close my door twice where as never had to before.

Since joining multiple sites years ago I have heard alot of other people say the same thing.

There must be different thicknesses and some people may be more heavy handed than others. Mine are fitted exactly the same as others including the ones fitted by by VW so I will go with the fact that mine must be too thick.

I stand by my comment about not making any noticable difference with road noise.

Hey, you never know, my comment might actually be useful in esuring you get the right ones ;)

I'm not sure the extra door seals main purpose is to help reduce road noise, because in that aspect, they don't.
What they do however, is change the closing of the door sound more like a VW and less like a 1990s Transit. More thump and less clunk.

Personally it's the first mod i'd do, and one of the cheapest, but agree about the Carista.

I'm not sure the extra door seals main purpose is to help reduce road noise, because in that aspect, they don't.
What they do however, is change the closing of the door sound more like a VW and less like a 1990s Transit. More thump and less clunk.

Personally it's the first mod i'd do, and one of the cheapest, but agree about the Carista.

Id hazard a guess its only purpose would be to stop dirt getting in.

I got my Golf back yesterday from bodyshop and took it for a spin, I nearly put the window through when I got in! Lol

I wouldn't normally disagree with you @PukkaT6, but on this one I do. The main reason myself and many other people buy these seals is to reduce the awful cheap sound that VW built into a Transporter door without the seal. They are also marketed for this purpose.

A direct quote from well known parts seller, selling this exact seal:

'This rubber is fitted to high end T5’s and T6’s it sits between the cab door’s and the body of the van. Its purpose is to make the door sound quieter and shut with more of a clunk than a rattle. Its Vw’s way of adding a little touch of luxury!
It's often called “sounds like a golf” seal and it does exactly that!'

:thumbsup:

Totally agree @Tourershine, got mine from TransporterHQ along with the dash trim. Easy to fit and what a massive difference in terms of noise on closing. So good, you find yourself just opening and closing, opening and closing.....!

I wouldn't normally disagree with you @PukkaT6, but on this one I do. The main reason myself and many other people buy these seals is to reduce the awful cheap sound that VW built into a Transporter door without the seal. They are also marketed for this purpose.

A direct quote from well known parts seller, selling this exact seal:

'This rubber is fitted to high end T5’s and T6’s it sits between the cab door’s and the body of the van. Its purpose is to make the door sound quieter and shut with more of a clunk than a rattle. Its Vw’s way of adding a little touch of luxury!
It's often called “sounds like a golf” seal and it does exactly that!'

:thumbsup:

I have to disagree, they are ‘Dust’ seals.

Fyi - it sounds nothing like my Golf lol

Totally agree @Tourershine, got mine from TransporterHQ along with the dash trim. Easy to fit and what a massive difference in terms of noise on closing. So good, you find yourself just opening and closing, opening and closing.....!

Not saying they dont sound better, I bought them for that exact reason. Would I rather be able to shut my door properly first time - Yes. I may rip these off after an attempt to chop a bit of the end to try and help airflow as its only drivers door.

If you find yourself stood there just opening and closing your door then I suggest seeking some professional help ha

I take it Carista is some sort of diagnostic software but what sort of things can you do/change with it?

Back