Fiamma F45s awning sides drip gap

GT3gooner

Hi

I have a F45s awning fitted to my T6 together with side panels. I have sorted the rain ingress issue along the van edge using the pipe insulation method recommended by many and works a treat. However, I still have an issue with water running down the inside of the side panels where the fabric of the awning butts up to the top side panel support bars. Does anybody have a fix / hack for this? I’ve seen a picture of what looks like a rubber strip that clips along the edge of the awning fabric and diverts the water over the side support beam but can’t find anything online.

Any help or guidance appreciated.

Isn’t going to help you unfortunately, but I have a 45s with Comfortz side panels. These are fine but don’t reach the ground (they leave a 12cm vertical gap). I wonder if anyone has added a skirt (as tents have) to stop this wind/rain gap?

IMG_2433.jpeg

Isn’t going to help you unfortunately, but I have a 45s with Comfortz side panels. These are fine but don’t reach the ground (they leave a 12cm vertical gap). I wonder if anyone has added a skirt (as tents have) to stop this wind/rain gap?

View attachment 232300
Haven’t done it, but there’s no reason it couldn’t be done and it seems like a good solution

Back