Feeding Electrical Cable Down The C Pillar

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I want to feed some 12v cable from the leisure battery under the drivers seat to the small panel on the C pillar just behind the near side slider.
I'm fine getting it into the roof but can not find the entrance at the top of the C pillar, or when I try to feed upwards the flexi tool Im using always seems to get stuck.
Anyone got any tips.

IMG_20190515_074335.jpg IMG_20190515_074318.jpg IMG_20190515_074338.jpg Did you ask this is the T5 forum as well? Can't get pics on that thread due to the crappy mobile view.

I started from the base of the C pillar and worked a smallish but stiff wire up to the header rail. After some pushing twirling and patience, it turned the corner into the header rail. I fished it out at the oval hole in the pic. I attached my loom wrapped in a sheath to the guide wire, applied some tallow as a lubricant and pulled it back down through the C Pillar. Drilled a hole in C pillar for switch and used a guide wire to go down the C pillar and then pull the cables up.

There is a gap at the base of the C pillar that leads into the back 3/4 panel but use conduit as it is sharp. I drilled holes and used grommets on the non slider side as I have lots of wires running that side...

No, this is the only forum, I use.

Ok I will have another attempt when I get a decent amount of time. If it's anything like running wire into the tailgate it will take more than a few minutes.

Back