Fed up with my Eberspacher D2 "error"

Zave

VIP Member
T6 Guru
I've had my Eber for about 5 years from new and mounted underslung. I'm sure it has never performed correctly for long. It runs for a while then goes to "error". Sometimes I'll restart it after it cools down and it will then run ok. I don't use it very often but try to run it for exercise when I can.

I got it looked at at about a year old under warranty. I'm told no error codes showed, It was taken apart and run continuously on the bench, no problem.

Then continued doing the same error routine as before.

Then a year ago I took it somewhere else and paid a fortune for them to do and tell me the same thing. This time I got them to change the combo sensor as I'd read it was a common fault.

Then continued doing the same routine as before. Until now, it just runs for 20 minutes then gets error... repeat.

I'm totally fed up with it as Eber technicians are few and far between and every time it's not actually been fixed.

I should add it was professionally fitted in the first place.

page 24, section 7, workshop menu. Then page 29, section 7.5.2

Attachments

• 15703923491.pdf
    3.4 MB · Views: 10
Reactions: mmi
I don't get the full work shop menu by following that. Just these screen shots PXL_20221205_204655847.jpgPXL_20221205_204827090.jpgPXL_20221205_204833274.jpgPXL_20221205_204840269.jpgPXL_20221205_204846771.jpgPXL_20221205_204851860.jpgPXL_20221205_204856480.jpgPXL_20221205_204901874.jpg

Eberspachers are an absolute pain - they make it as difficult as possible to understand their heaters and controllers. One good reason why I stick to Webastos!
All that I can find for your only fault shewn is:

013 Overheating at the flame sensor Flame sensor signals temperature at heat exchanger is too high.
• Check hot air pipes for blockage —> remove blockage.
• Sum of the component ratings of air-conducting parts is too large —>
Check air system, if necessary re-lay – for component ratings, please refer
to additional parts catalogue.
• Check flame sensor, if ok —> check overheating sensor, if overheating
sensor defective —> replace combination sensor, if overheating sensor ok
—> measure fuel quantity, see Page 36, for diagram and table of values for
flame sensor and overheating sensor please refer to Page 32.

Do you have a control unit in the van or is it only the remote?

Thanks for that. Just the remote and an led button.

I'm thinking of calling out this guy Fitz Air Ltd
To take a look. I live in Surrey and apparently he's mobile.

Might consider relocating the D2 from underslung to under seat so at least it's easy to get to for self servicing.

Failing that, ditching it for something else. But it would have been a big waste of money

This covers your screenshots above:
Thank you. That is very useful. Were did you get that from please as i'd like to download the pdf manual. There were a few other codes I didn't photo. The only fault code though was 13.

Whilst you are on the page with the F1 fault showing it may be possible to call up any other faults stored as it stores up to 5 faults. How you would do it though I don't know.
Full diagnostics would have to be done with EDITH and a diagnostic cable.

Attachments

• 22.1000.95.2654_EN_0521.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 4
Reactions: mmi
Whilst you are on the page with the F1 fault showing it may be possible to call up any other faults stored as it stores up to 5 faults. How you would do it though I don't know.
I worked this out. It's just the one fault showing. Thanks for the manual.

Back