Fault code cause

hi all
I'm new to this forum having just bought a new T6 Kombi with dsg. I have been reading a lot to get an overview of typical mods etc.
I have used Carista to change door locking / unlocking, digital speed display, tear wipe and lane change flash 3 to 4.
Carista also showed up three fault codes, 00532, 02256, 01044. The dealer (using 3rd party agent) retro fitted a towbar, I later discovered the towbar had not been integrated with system as they had used a general wiring kit. I was not happy and got them to change it for the proper Westfalia kit. Could these fault codes be caused by all this chopping and changing, should I just reset them or contact dealer?
Is there a way of delaying stop/start stopping function as it doesn't work too well with dsg, for example if I drive forward into a parking space the engine cuts before I get a chance to move stick to P and as stick passes through R the engine restarts, stupid system! I think it needs a 3 or 4 second delay on the auto stop.
Regard

Welcome Rob
00532 - Ross-Tech Wiki most probable the battery was low one day when it was started up and one of the modules threw a wobbly
01044 - Ross-Tech Wiki Seen this few times, depending which module has this it could be caused by fitters trying to code the towbar module (or not coding it)

Clear them all and persistent/problems will come back anyway.

Second for clearing the faults and rescanning. When you first dona scan it will show any stored codes. You need to clear then and rescan and any that then show up will be genuine faults to investigate. When I first scanned my T6 last week it had 3 faults. Cleared them and all is good in the VW world now :thumbsup:

All fault codes are time stamped so check the dates and it will give you an idea

Thanks all,

Pauly, I couldn't find date stamp, clicking on fault code takes me to browser,!
Clicking on detailed report gives me

Central electronics
Part #: 7E0937090B
Coding: B8FC793A0A61341393284F746CEB9EF40F
84710F60CC6D60320400230840 (hex)
Component: BCM PQ25 Max4
Fault codes:
00532 Supply Voltage B+

CAN network gateway
Part #: 7E0909901
Coding: 042307 (hex)
Component: GW-K-CAN TP20
Fault codes:
01044 Control Module Incorrectly Coded

Battery regulator
Part #: 7E0907534
Coding: 030B1A73 (hex)
Component: Batt.regelung
Fault codes:
02256 Quiescent current

I have now cleared faults, so will see what the next couple of days say.
Any thoughts on the dsg stop start delay?

Sorry didnt read properly thought you were using VCDS

The Quiescent current one is very common if you have a towbar fitted mine spits it out all the time

Hi everyone,

I had an error with my towbar wiring, it was bringing up the bulb fault light on the dashboard. The conversion company rectified this for me, apparently it's a common issue with ex-AA vans (which mine is). Anyway fault light cleared and all good. Today curiosity got the better of me and I ran a fault scan with my Carista, it's brought up 01044, a quick search says this can be linked to the tow bar (sigh!).

If I reset the fault, will it erase what ever coding has been done to remove the fault light, resulting in the fault light coming back on the dash? I don't have the patience to be dealing with that again haha

Is there any significant risk to that fault code? I have no warning lights on the dash, mechanically everything's working and driving ok, so I'm just wondering if it's seeing it as an error because it's not factory coding due to the addition of a tow bar??

Any help appreciated ☺️

you are fine clearing codes it wont affect anything or make any changes it will literally just remove the fault from memory then if the fault is still present it will come back

dont fret over one fault code, as long as the van is happy and not displaying any dash lights and everything is working as it should then i wouldnt lose any sleep over it

it is extremely rare to scan a van and not find some fault/error codes, some are historical and some are irrelevant so just check what the code means and if its really worth digging any deeper into it

your fault is complaining about a programming error so if it returns after clearing it then you will require someone with VCDS or similar to do anything about it

you are fine clearing codes it wont affect anything or make any changes it will literally just remove the fault from memory then if the fault is still present it will come back

dont fret over one fault code, as long as the van is happy and not displaying any dash lights and everything is working as it should then i wouldnt lose any sleep over it

it is extremely rare to scan a van and not find some fault/error codes, some are historical and some are irrelevant so just check what the code means and if its really worth digging any deeper into it

your fault is complaining about a programming error so if it returns after clearing it then you will require someone with VCDS or similar to do anything about it
Thanks Pauly. I'll reset and keep an eye on it. Everything's behaving as it should so I'll try my best not to fret ( only had the van 6 week's so still figuring it all out! )

Back