Fader - Rear Speakers - Media Control app

Tim Sparkes

T6 Pro
Might be of interest to those of you without Fader coded or able to get your hands on VCDS.

I was able to adjust the fader in the van by using the Media Control app on my phone even though I don't have fader coded yet. You still won't be able to adjust on the go via the headunit but it will allow you to sort out any staging issues you may have since installing rear speakers.

Might be of interest to those of you without Fader coded or able to get your hands on VCDS.

I was able to adjust the fader in the van by using the Media Control app on my phone even though I don't have fader coded yet. You still won't be able to adjust on the go via the headunit but it will allow you to sort out any staging issues you may have since installing rear speakers.

Any advice on this would be great..... I've had some rear speakers added but they are very quiet as the Fader is set on FRONT and not enabled. I tried connecting the Media control app, but cant get it to connect to the Van?

Setup a mobile hotspot on your phone. Connect the headunit to your phone in the WLAN menu. Then open the app. You'll know its connected properly as you'll be able to control the volume from the phone.

Hi Tim, thanks for that, but the infotainment system in my T6.1 is not holding a tethered connection to my phones hotspot... :-(
Also, Think i may need to have ticked the "media control" option on the order for this to work?

Hi Tim, thanks for that, but the infotainment system in my T6.1 is not holding a tethered connection to my phones hotspot... :-(
Also, Think i may need to have ticked the "media control" option on the order for this to work?

Yep. That'll be it.

Looks like it will have to be unlocked with the VCDS, do you know anyone who has done this on T6.1 in the Shropshire or West Midlands area?

Back