Factory swivel seat mod.

Hoarder

VIP Member
Does anyone have a full list of part numbers required to add the factory swivel function to a pair of drivers and passenger captain seats? I realise that I'll lose height adjustment, and some plastic trim will also need replacing. Vehicle is a 2018 Kombi, with grey Simora pattern seats.

I have the factory swivels and really am frustrated I can’t adjust the height

@Hoarder did you ever find the part numbers in the end, im struggling to find the parts diagrams online?

Thanks

Parts 20/25. Plus you'll need new plastics the base and a mounting bracket for the base to slot into the swivel as it's only secured by 2 bolts and not 4. Comes to about a grand from vw. Better off buying one off ebay, swapping the bits and selling the captains chair. Cost me £700 to do that after swapping everything over.
Just found that site too and have come to the same conclusion! thanks for your help.
I've been watching a few on ebay, prices have got even sillier gone up 400 pounds in the last year! looking at approximately £2200 for twin captain OEM swivel seats!! I know I have mine to sell but as you say is going to be near the 700-1000 mark to swap.

Thanks for the tip on swapping over the base and back cushions, I guess I might be able to get a better price that way as im not fussed on the trim as I have seat covers on!

No worries. It is an easy swap to do if you do tackle it. Yes, prices sure are crazy. I was left with no option but to do that as with a swivel and a seat riser to clear the battery it was 55mm higher and wobbly.

No worries. It is an easy swap to do if you do tackle it. Yes, prices sure are crazy. I was left with no option but to do that as with a swivel and a seat riser to clear the battery it was 55mm higher and wobbly.
Thanks.
I just don't like how high the seats are with aftermarket swivels, and I don't want to get lower seat bases as it means I cant get a leisure battery under there in the future. Plus another swivel (I have 1 already) and two lower bases will be around the £500 mark so I guess its a no brainer.

Plus it bugs my OCD when the front seats are not at the same height as it looks wrong :think smile bounce: no height adjustment will suit me fine!

Yes, it is a no brainer then. I got a battery under the factory swivel fine. I only did the passenger though as wanted height on the drivers still.
It's just the initial outlay and faff selling them on.

@PaulR83 do you know what new plastics are needed? Picked up my new to me t6 and intend to put swivels on but the plastic trim 31 and 32 in the diagram come below the adjustment rails and would catch if I left them as they are.

Hi, unfortunately not. They are all suffixed 317 and not stamped with the last 3 digits which is the bit that defines the exact one. Just checked mine and they are stamped 317 which is annoying.
My best advice is if your local dealer is a friendly give them a reg off a California with swivels you can find on auto trader and they will highlight the exact ones you need. Or someone else on here may know.

Someone is selling the driver side plastics currently on ebay at a reasonable price. Not the passenger unfortunately

Back