Factory Orders

Definitely not got rid of it. I love the the thing. Haven't used it much as done very little riding. Might as well switch to extreme canoeing these days :laugh:

I did post up my last two mods. The REVO big brake kit and steering wheel upgrade but done nothing since those. I've got a couple more things in mind for Spring then all done.

I'm not planning on the 6.1 yet. As usual with VW, the 'extras' list is more limited when they first come out e.g. at the moment you can't get an electric sunroof, no comfort dash option ... I'm sure there are other things missing too. In time they'll add all this stuff as the model matures a bit. Would be super annoying to order straight away, then find out later they added equipment options you would've wanted.

What's your plan ? Sticking with your ABT T6 or looking at 6.1 ?

Good to see you back in town! What's up with the bike? Only a few weeks till the first D/H event, cannot wait :cool:

No plans for a 6.1, had a tough 2019, separated from the wife so now paying a mortgage and rent on a new flat. I was tempted to go off-grid and live in the van for 6 months :D

6.1's do drive nicely, I drove a 102 T6 in for a service and got a 102 6.1 loaner for a few hours and the NVH appears much improved on the newer bus.

Just turned over 20k in mine this morning, all completely trouble free so far.

I got a loaner V6 Amarok for a few days last year, that's a very nice place to be, crazy money on a lease though for some reason, dearer than a top spec Touareg,which was also nice on a demo.

@Insert Coin ... nothing wrong with the bikes dude ... just too wet. Makes it slow and messy. I don't find mud porridge or literal lakes of water entertaining on a DH track :laugh:

Sounds like you're in a rough patch. Don't be in a rush to spend. Everything is depreciating so heavily these days and you've already got a great Bus which will have a decent residual :thumbsup:

Yeah, it's like super crazy wet everywhere this year, I don't mind a bit of slop but so many places down my way in the Purbecks that are currently unrideable.

Just had an update that my initial build week 13 / has moved forward to week 11... Now does anybody think you can still get a full tank and matts these days? ; )

Just had an update that my initial build week 13 / has moved forward to week 11... Now does anybody think you can still get a full tank and matts these days? ; )
At one point they were throwing a set of mats in because I was looking at one already at port with carpet in the cab. I didn't really want carpet so they were throwing mats in. Missed that one so had to factory order so standard rubber floor no free mats now. Also tried for seat covers but no go, all I'm getting is a free bumper protector lol

Anyone here done a factory order recently. I've just put my deposit down today for a 6.1 and I've been told 3 to 4 months. Would like to hear of others experience .
I was told 8weeks on order . Then turned into 12weeks . Waited 5 months in the end due to a delay on the tow bar

I’ve been told a build week of week 15 fingers crossed it goes ok or sooner. Roughly how long from build week does it take for vehicle to be at dealer?

My calendar say week starting 6th April for week 15. That’s great news as brings your build forward a week.
No they didn't say the week number, just told me an unconfirmed date of 13th April. So I'd guess that's week 16 then.

This is from the online chat, which is bloody terrible on my phone, I'll use a laptop next time .

VW factories closing tomorrow until Coronavirus beaten. Think there is going to be a huge delay on orders.

Mine was delayed before all this ! Might just say keep it until September. Still not important, stay healthy everyone !

Totally agree, if waiting a few extra months is the worst we suffer through this we will have gotten away lightly.

My 199 DSG to be built next week. No idea what will happen now due to shutdown.

Obviously hope all workers are safe and healthy, that’s the priority.

Needed to hire a van last week for business trip for a few days, I can only hold out so long before I look at other options.

Hopefully they will have enough parts to complete all the back orders. They are working with 10% staffing levels to ensure social distancing etc. But definitely a move in the right direction. We need the wheels of industry to start turning again.

Back