Factory Orders

Chippy1970

Carpenter
T6 Guru
Anyone here done a factory order recently. I've just put my deposit down today for a 6.1 and I've been told 3 to 4 months. Would like to hear of others experience .

Yeah I was told 3 months at first then this week just before I ordered they said could be upto 4 months but they're just covering themselves in case of delays.

Ordered November 20 told 16 weeks , now been pushed back to 20/24 weeks !. So five /six month wait . Is what it is !

Most manufacturers work on the just in time model, if there have been any delays in the supply chain because of the covid19 thing then it could be affecting the build schedules.

I managed to lease a couple that were in stock, got them delivered in under 2 weeks, but they were the 102 in white with business pack.

I think the 6.1 is selling quite well, although pleasantly surprised to find the 6.1 was only about £5 a month dearer than the outgoing 6 on a 3 year 15k lease.

I managed to lease a couple that were in stock, got them delivered in under 2 weeks, but they were the 102 in white with business pack.

I think the 6.1 is selling quite well, although pleasantly surprised to find the 6.1 was only about £5 a month dearer than the outgoing 6 on a 3 year 15k lease.

Yeah I almost bought a stock one but after thinking on it over the weekend it had gone. Wasn't keen on it as it had carpet and I just wanted the standard rubber floor in the cab. Glad I've ordered what I wanted rather than getting one quicker

199ps 4 motion dsg, led lights front/rear plus heated seats. Still 3 months but it’s only been a week.
Does your dealer keep you updated or do you have to ring them ? Only ordered Tuesday but all I've got is the emailed order forms and all the multiple forms I had to sign and send back. Plus an email saying it's been ordered.

Haha, yeah, 5 basic vans, not like your bus with electric everything!

Where have you been? Assumed you'd changed the bus and got yourself a new toy?

Definitely not got rid of it. I love the the thing. Haven't used it much as done very little riding. Might as well switch to extreme canoeing these days :laugh:

I did post up my last two mods. The REVO big brake kit and steering wheel upgrade but done nothing since those. I've got a couple more things in mind for Spring then all done.

I'm not planning on the 6.1 yet. As usual with VW, the 'extras' list is more limited when they first come out e.g. at the moment you can't get an electric sunroof, no comfort dash option ... I'm sure there are other things missing too. In time they'll add all this stuff as the model matures a bit. Would be super annoying to order straight away, then find out later they added equipment options you would've wanted.

What's your plan ? Sticking with your ABT T6 or looking at 6.1 ?

Back